Author Topic: Are Battlestar Fans Trek fans?  (Read 17022 times)

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Re: Are Battlestar Fans Trek fans?
Pervert... :P

How so :P

Im a sucker for pretty graphics  :lol:
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
That is OK... CGI was fine. Pretty much the only thing I was satisfied in this movie.
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
If Starfleet wanted to be more militarily effective, they should use stop using wimpy phasers and start using powerful molecule-destroying disruptors, replace photon torpedoes with antimatter torpedoes, use power armor, and recruit more redshirts to be used as plot armor for the main characters.

I think they should stop using wimpy phasers and start using assault rifles loaded with old-fashioned 5.56x45 rifle ammunition. Frequency match THIS, Borg scum!
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

If they're going to use projectile weapons, they should skip gunpowder and go right to coilguns with internal inertial compensators to handle the massive recoil.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I did already point out that photon torpedoes are antimatter torpedoes, right?

Anyway, screw that ****. Starfleet has transporter guns that beam bullets through walls - but for some reason they were dropped in favor of 'regenerative phaser rifles'.

Offline CaptJosh

The rifle with the transporter on it was a homebrew mod. The rifle itself was never so equipped originally, as transporters also don't work in the environment in which the rifle would be required.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Well Starfleet and the Federation aren't exactly well-known for making decent infantry weapons.  They don't even have infantry, just security teams.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The rifle with the transporter on it was a homebrew mod. The rifle itself was never so equipped originally, as transporters also don't work in the environment in which the rifle would be required.

If I recall the episode summary properly it was based on a Federation prototype design.

Offline CaptJosh

Correct, the rifle itself was meant to be used on planets like the one where Data went to evacuate human colonists because the Sheliak were on their way. However, to the best of my knowledge, the prototype design did NOT include a micro-transporter on the barrel originally.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Whilst I understand that Trek will be talked about in this thread, I think it has become far too much Trek, and not enough BSG IMHO