Author Topic: Oh sweet, a LEGO MMO  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You can have your Minecraft...I wanna be a mini-fig.  And the trailer is narrated by Captain Picard.  Freakin' awesome. :D If I had any monay, I'd be all over this.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Lego = hell yes
MMO = hell no

this is like infinity divided by infinity

srsly I need some calculus to decide whether this is leet or not

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Of course it's leet.  You get to build LEGO stuff with other people.  That sounds awexome.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Of course it's leet.  You get to build LEGO stuff with other people.  That sounds awexome.

So... it's like playing with LEGOs.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Meh, all I ever really did with mine was build models by-the-book.  I mean, I got a hell of a lot of mileage out of playing with them, but I wasn't into the design side of things, and I never did it with someone else.  This seems like it could be a lot of fun.  I remember fooling around with something similar a long time ago that was essentially an unlicensed LEGO multiplayer game, but I think that got shut down.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Good sir...

How could you not create anything without the book? Where is your creative insight, man?

GOOD GOD MAN, WHY?!!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So... is this WoW with Legos or can I build my quasi-Omega Destroyer and conquer the galaxy with it?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Good sir...

How could you not create anything without the book? Where is your creative insight, man?

GOOD GOD MAN, WHY?!!
I've never made any claims about having a drop of creativity whatsoever, I assure you. :p

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I'm not going to play this until I can be certain I can build my Deep Freeze Defender and fly around in it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Woo, that's on the (incredibly dusty) shelf right above my bed. :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's on one of my display shelves too. I have made a few changes to the rear section though.

Lego = hell yes
MMO = hell no

this is like infinity divided by infinity

srsly I need some calculus to decide whether this is leet or not

Those are exactly my thoughts. This looks like it has great ideas, but I hate pay per month games. :p

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I never really did understand the virulent anti-MMO sentiment that seems to exist around here.  I mean, I'm flat broke, and even if I wasn't, there's never really been much in that genre that's jumped out and grabbed me...but if there was something like this game that I seriously thought I'd like, I wouldn't have many qualms about forking over a few bucks a month to play it.  We all pay for a bunch of crap every month that we don't strictly need, so what's the problem with substituting a few fast-food meals for a game subscription?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Why was this not posted?

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns