Author Topic: Space MMO's?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Anyone know of any good "sanboxish" space 3D MMO game? It gotta be free, beat the EVE already i know it's there and it's not free :D

Any advices?
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
EVE can be free, sort of.  You just have to make it your life's work.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
No way i could do that
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Patriot

Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous are upcoming titles

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Freelancer. :) Believe it or not, there is at least one community that's still going strong. While not free, it's an old game, so it shouldn't be expensive, and there's a really great singleplayer, too.

I played Star Conflict, and while it's not really a sandbox game they did have plans for it...the bad thing is there aren't many players and now you have to wait for a long time to get a match sometimes due to the "upgraded" matchmaker. People complained about uneven matches, now they complain about the waiting time XD Going from 400-500m/s interceptors to FS2 80-100m/s interceptors and back is weird, especially given the 3rd person freelook type of camera/shooting that SC has. You could whip a FS2 ship even in the "slow" frigates that still go 200m/s +

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Star Conflict got ****ed up when they started adding those super OP powers to high-tier ships that dissabled you instantly leaving you hopeless, then they went again into a rebalance crusade "fixing" all the OP stuff on races, nerfing the only good stuff normal races such as the Traders (not sure what they are called) had.
Poor balance and gameplay decisions made me drop it, the queue waiting time was just the last drop on an already overflowing cup.

It was a shame, the game models and looks where awesome, and the concept was decent.
el hombre vicio...