Author Topic: Knossos Resolution Problem, About to Smash The Screen. Please Help.  (Read 4810 times)

Knossos Resolution Problem, About to Smash The Screen. Please Help.
Someone, please.....

Clean installion of FS1, FS2 via steam, installed knossos 0.14.3 and proceeed to install FreeSpace Port.

Yet the game's resolution never fits the screen. I've tried "run in window", "run in full scale window" in fso settings, I changed my desktop resolution to every option possible there is, I even tried turning it off and on again (hello it crowd) but to no avail.

What is this program's problem, I've no idea. I'm at my wit's end here, really fuming. I think at some point I lost control and used curse words for the mothers of everyone involved in this abominable game/mod/launcher. I'm really sorry for that.

Can someone lend a hand here? I don't even care about playing the goddamn game at this point. All i want is to see this frigging little **** fixed, that's it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is a matter of pride now.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Knossos Resolution Problem, About to Smash The Screen. Please Help.
If you click the gear symbol in the topright corner of Knossos interface, you will enter the settings menu. If I understand your issue correctly, you're interested in the resolution selection inside "Video" section.

Also remember that many mods still use old, not upgraded mainhall screens (the main menu thing that looks like the inside of a ship) that are designed to be displayed in 4:3 ratio, but the actual gameplay will be in the resolution you selected in Knossos settings. There is a flag that can stretch the menu interface to your native resolution, look for "stretch interface to fill screen" under "Gameplay" section of custom flags/FSO Settings of a mod.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Dear Sir,

In 5 seconds and with a single, direct touch, you've solved the problem I've been trying to get my head around for nearly 1 hour.

Please accept my humble and sincere gratitude.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Glad to be of help. Just remember to not be ashamed of asking about things next time. I suggest you to join the HLP Discord server, if you are using Discord, as it is a much, much faster medium and you could expect near instant responses to simple questions.

Cheers, and have fun!
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Excellent work Mito. :)

SoAngryRightNow, thanks for sticking it out.