Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99576 times)

Offline Yogert

Can someone mirror this? i get a popup that says my internet security wont allow it.
"Who joins the army to be a Euphonium player?!"

Offline Yogert

"Who joins the army to be a Euphonium player?!"

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
this campaign is more confusing than HL2
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by MatthewPapa
Spoiler:

I thought the campaign in general was remarkably well FREDDED. I found no bugs throughout the entire campaign. Great plot, Good story, Good suspense and it keeps you playing. Ending was rather lamethough but i give it a 8.5/10 . Excellent job Ransom and I hope you have another one for us soon!!! Let me help you with the next one.
[/B]

Spoiler:

Yeah, I expected people weren't going to like the ending. I myself like that kind of ending, but I'm definitely a minority. However: Sync is intended to be the first of a three part story. To be honest I was expecting responses to be along the lines of 'Huh?', but I guess Sync's story is more self-contained than I thought.

Well, as far as I know I am the only end-user type who has finished it yet. The no low occurance of bugs was nice though, you are to be ommended for that. Chances are if u are having trouble running the campaign its that you dont have fsopen installed correctly. Try Goobers new build.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Try FS_Open 3.5.5??
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Excelent campaign........i have played till the mission called "LOST"... when:
Spoiler:
Alpha 3 yells at the vasudans for Sarah (alpha 2), then...a superdestroyer is supposed to jump in, but it happens to be a ulyses...i don't know what's so impressive in an ulysses anyway..............i think it's a bug........if it is.........................it's MAJOR bug

the campaign REALLY keeps you playing...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by willy_principal

Spoiler:
Alpha 3 yells at the vasudans for Sarah (alpha 2), then...a superdestroyer is supposed to jump in, but it happens to be a ulyses...i don't know what's so impressive in an ulysses anyway..............i think it's a bug........if it is.........................it's MAJOR bug
[/B]

Yep, that's a bug. Odd... not sure why that would happen.
Spoiler:
Ulysses is the ship FS2 automatically uses if it can't find the model, I think. But the model's included in the VP.
Are you using it with the -mod commandline? I'll have to look into this.

-mod command?

i think not....i don't even know what it is.....

i think someone here had the same problem

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Ok, I think that's the problem. It seems to happen when you run the mod by putting the VP in the main directory while you've got another ships table in the data folder without that ship entry. This overrides the one in the VP. So either remove that table while playing the mod or put the VP in its own folder within the FS2 directory, then run FS2 with the commandline -mod .

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Dude, kickass. I'd better install the newest build before I get onto this.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
another one? DUDEEEE

downloads....!!!
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mitac

Originally posted by Ransom Arceihn
Ok, I think that's the problem. It seems to happen when you run the mod by putting the VP in the main directory while you've got another ships table in the data folder without that ship entry. This overrides the one in the VP. So either remove that table while playing the mod or put the VP in its own folder within the FS2 directory, then run FS2 with the commandline -mod .

No ship table in the data folder, and it won't work for me, either. I'm going to try that mod thing.

Edit : yeah, that helped. Just finished the campaign - the ending is ... odd.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 06:47:29 am by 1928 »
marcet sine adversario virtus.

I though that before........and i removed all the tables from the table folder...................and the problem was still there......
HELL!......i removed all the models, maps and effects from their folderss.............and the problem is still there.....
i'm gonna try that -mod command thingy......i hope it works......

DAMN, this campaign is good...

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by mitac
No ship table in the data folder, and it won't work for me, either.

Oh yeah. I think it would be overridden by the table in the FS2 VPs as well, because of the way they're given priority (I think it's alphabetical). In which case renaming the Sync VP so it comes before the FS2 ones should work I think. I should have thought of that.

Offline Roanoke

VPs are at the bottom of the heirachy.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
But they save a helluva space.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kie99

In the first mission the nebula was black and I couldn't see my wingmates till I got up close. And there was this 2d square of red nebula. I restarted and it was OK though. What was the unknown in the nebula though?

And why....

Spoiler:

Does the Hatshepsut attack the Sobeks?

Also in that mission the Sekhmets that jump in (Saggitarius) are friendly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 01:04:16 pm by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by kietotheworld
What was the unknown in the nebula though?

And why....

Spoiler:

Does the Hatshepsut attack the Sobeks?

You'll find out later. :p

Also in that mission the Sekhmets that jump in (Saggitarius) are friendly.

Fixed now (I can't believe I missed that), along with a couple other things.