Author Topic: Wants to join and a question  (Read 10495 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wants to join and a question
Meh.

To give you a straight answer, Cobra: no, we aren't hiring.  Galemp and I have everything under control.  Both the Port 2.4 and Silent Threat: Reborn will be released very soon.

Offline JR2000Z

Guys, stop acting just as stupid.

The FS1 to FS2 conversion part is already done.

See the sticky named  'Freespace Port 2.3 Released'??? You have to read news posts first before asking those kind of questions.

All that's left is the Reborn campaign.
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yeah, but I hear you're going to port campaigns like Destiny of Peace, The McCarthy Campaign, etc. That's why I asked. I wanted to help port those.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We've made a conversion tool that converts those missions pretty quickly.  There's not enough work to warrant an extra staff member.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Can I use it for personal use? Maybe I'll post the converted missions at Game Wardens
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 10:10:52 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's in the latest SCP version of FRED.  Anyone can use it.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Link please. Not to the thread, the download.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Cobra: Please learn to do things for yourself, and not manage to piss off the entire board while doing so.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Heh.

heheheh.

:wtf:

mwuahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

*cough cough*Where were we? :)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
can you use it for personal use.....kinda redundant eh?

Just sit on your hands and wait for them to be done, we can all port missions its not that hard, theyre the "pros"( dont you dare let your ego grow, goob, galemp)
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
What about (re)Awakenings?
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, here's our current plan...

1) Finish FREDding for ST:R (won't take long now)
2) Begin ST:R voice acting
3) Release Port 2.4
4) Port a whole bunch of campaigns, starting with Awakenings
5) Release ST:R

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I assume 4) includes "Destiny of Peace".  Also, I recall that there was a plan to release a special "SCP Enhanced" version of the port.  Would 2.4 be this or is it still on the books for after ST:R?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Er, well the "SCP enhanced" version is only enhanced as far as correcting the support ships, changing the music, adding nameplates, and maybe doing one or two other things.  No special graphics or anything.  I'm not sure when we'd do that, but we could probably do it at the same time as 2.4.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Another SCP enhancement, in "Playing Judas" when you're ordered to fly into the Lucifer's fighterbay, the launch of the Manticores is linked to your distance from one of 2 waypoints, that are supposed to line up with the bay.  Since these waypoints are rarely matched precisely, it would simplify things quite a bit if we merely replaced the waypoint in the distance check, with the distance-ship-subsystem sexp and key it off the fighterbays.  I also hope that 2.4 fixes that problem in the mission where you're trying to capture the Ramses, where the Shivans refuse to fire on it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, we'll fix both of those.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
can you play FSPort without FSO? i can

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It was designed to be played with retail FS2.  And anything that can be played with retail FS2 can also be played with FSO.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i hate it when you guys do this to me. (of course, i bring half of it on myself)