Author Topic: So what was the hold-up?  (Read 3932 times)

So what was the hold-up?
I am pretty new to the community, and I heard that the STR deadline was somewhere around... 2004? What was the major reason everything was delayed?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: So what was the hold-up?
The people who work on it are busy with a lot of things at any given time... Goober for instance is one of the coders, has several actively developed campagins and a real life as well as ST:R to worry about

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah.

Also, mission creep, feature creep, perfectionism, and the fact that Real Life usually interferes with everything.  Beta testing all by itself has taken nearly one whole year.

All we're waiting on now is the voice acting.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
BTW, how is that coming?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Campaigns tend to take on a life of their own and grow without you realising, Twisted Infinities is a good example, it's not a lack of desire to complete it, it's a matter of a lack of opportunity.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah.  Just yesterday I added squad logos to all the wings in the campaign.  I had forgotten that that was a feature we could take advantage of.

Voice acting is coming along.  We have several roles being processed right now.  We're still missing a few characters though, so I might post another audition thread in the near future.  If you can do a good voice, feel free to say so. :)

Offline Jbman

• Still considering Blender...
    • My Personal Website
I'm willing to help with the voice acting.  PM me and I will email you a sample.

Jack
Grrr, Is this how FRED is supposed to work? ...stupid debriefings