Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6461 times)

Offline Bubb9

Hello I come from a Freelancer mod working on an addon for another mod that converts it to the Yuuzhan Vong War(New Jedi Order) Time Period I was wondering if you would be willing to fling us any models we are in desperate need of new ship models especialy ones that fit in the time line any help you can give us is greatly appreciated.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
the Vong war didn't happen in original SW continuity.  It happened in that star wars alternate universe along with the prequels (kinda like gundam wing and regular gundam).  we don't have any xj-wings for you.  sorry
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
As for right now, all of our models will remain proprietary.  Once we have a release then perhaps we could talk (no guarantees), but until then, these models will appear nowhere else.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

They could probably just use regular X-wings, XJ's are mostly internal modifications and system improvements. (mostly that is)

Offline Bubb9

lol you obviously dont know what makes canon. Lucas Arts is in charge of that department not you grow up and accept change and what is not. Btw to second poster thank you for you professionalism.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Well you aren't going to get models by insulting members of the project.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Hey, chill.  He just has really strong beliefs against the Vong series.  Understandably too, they don't really fit in with anything else previously established by the Original Trilogy or the other books, much like the New Trilogy.  As far as we're concerned, they didn't happen.  At least not like that.  We're still going to have Dreadnaughts and Victories, and probably not so much on the ARC-Wings and such.  We may do a few ships from the NT though, but further down the line for certain.  And like Brand said, this is still very much in development, nothing is really even in a releasable state, and probably won't be for some time.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Turambar

so, after watching the prequels you still honestly think that lucas deserves that kind of control?

jar jar?
emo anakin?
super advanced fighters in the past?
complete absence of victory destroyers and dreadnoughts?
leia's mother being dead, despite leia having childhood memories of her?
extragalactic god race showing up with such a swath of destruction as to make the 20 year civil war struggle seem trivial?
midi-****ing-chlorians?

ok.  enjoy your silly little universe.  we prefer it when it agreed with itself, before the dark times, before the prequels.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline maje

so, after watching the prequels you still honestly think that lucas deserves that kind of control?

jar jar?
emo anakin?
super advanced fighters in the past?
complete absence of victory destroyers and dreadnoughts?
leia's mother being dead, despite leia having childhood memories of her?
extragalactic god race showing up with such a swath of destruction as to make the 20 year civil war struggle seem trivial?
midi-****ing-chlorians?

ok.  enjoy your silly little universe.  we prefer it when it agreed with itself, before the dark times, before the prequels.

If it helps any, I'm pretty sure that the Revenge of the Sith novelization states that Victories and Dreadnaughts participate in the Battle of Coruscant (yes I know that they aren't in film, but I'm not that adamantly against the prequels either).

As for super advanced fighters, I don't know anything about that.  The Delta 7s and Eta-3s relied on hyperspace docking rings in order to jump from one system to the next, whereas the A-wing (a ship of comparable capabilites and size) has its own hyperdrive.

Personally, I don't have anything against ship designs from the prequels and think that they would make great ships to use.  I mean, Acclimators are essentially still in service as massive transports by ANH, and a few salvaged CIS vessels wind up in the Rebel Fleet (which is a hodgepodge of all kinds of ships).  Again, it's personal taste as there's only a little bit of the EU that I really credit as being great (not really a fan of anything post-Thrawn, though the Dark Empire series is decent albeit way too many superweapons and Dark Jedi), Shadows of the Empire and the Evolution sequel were cool.  I enjoyed Stackpole's X-wing series (though fighters seem a bit overpowered against cap ships at times).

Some of the Tales From.... books had interesting stories in them.

I enjoyed all of the X-wing games despite some irreconciliable continuity issues.

Hmmm.... sorry for derailing this thread, maybe we should take this to PM.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
the Vong war didn't happen in original SW continuity.  It happened in that star wars alternate universe along with the prequels (kinda like gundam wing and regular gundam).  we don't have any xj-wings for you.  sorry

I know that these are your views, but why do you state them as facts? They aren't facts. Actually, facts are the direct opposite. Both the Yuuzhan Vong war and the prequels are canon. The prequels are the same level of canon as the originial trilogy. That you consider them stupid does not mean that they aren't canon.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Victory-Destoryers, Dreadnougs and more appear in the prequel Expanded Universe. And in Rouge Planet (happens sometime bevore Attack of the Clones), little Anakin has a rendevous with Sekot - the living and lost Vong-Homeworld.

Its okay if anyone say these things never happen in his own canon. But please, be so fair and accept in LFL canon this happend.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Our position is not that "It never happened! We don't like it"  But rather "We don't like it too much, thus, we're not going to focus on it"
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Turambar

Our position is not that "It never happened! We don't like it"  But rather "We don't like it too much, thus, we're not going to focus on it"

the first one is my position.

Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

And against it I would never say what. It would be also too much requires, in addition, to create still Vong ships. Turambar post simply sounded rather thus than he would decline the expanded universe. What he is allowed to do also. Only I did not like the way so really. It is just each made a distinction whether one says it would never have happened, or it has never happened in personal canon.

Offline aRaven

the NJO is a great pile of sh**...and it's not a personal opinion...its canon! :D

Offline Bubb9

my topic is still here? jesus people dont you have work to do mean while I'm actually still working on mine.

P.S. btw flaming people like this doesnt get you friends it gets you enemies and its also very culturally primitive

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
No one flamed you, just your chosen era of SW to work on.  It's just that we're mostly pretty passionate about it around here.  If I were to flame you, I imagine my reply to your last post would be something like:

Hello I come from a Freelancer mod working on an addon for another mod that converts it to the Yuuzhan Vong War(New Jedi Order) Time Period I was wondering if you would be willing to fling us any models we are in desperate need of new ship models especialy ones that fit in the time line any help you can give us is greatly appreciated.

my topic is still here? jesus people dont you have work to do mean while I'm actually still working on mine.

P.S. btw flaming people like this doesnt get you friends it gets you enemies and its also very culturally primitive

So is your punctuation!  Burn!  Oh wait, you can't, it's too primitive to have fire yet!

Yeah, something like that.  If I were to flame you.  Which I didn't.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Topgun

I like the prequels. and they do make sense with the ot. (except for that Leia part and the Yoda training obi-wan).
the fighter stuff is just spfx, not to be taken seriously.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Hey! I liked NJO!
I'll agree with everyone on the prequels, though. They can go die in a fire.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."