Author Topic: Silent Threat: Exodus bug  (Read 3268 times)

Silent Threat: Exodus bug
Hey all, just started playing Freespace again, starting with Silent Threat. As noted in this thread, there is a bug in Exodus - your ship and wingmen are draw from Good Luck instead of Field of Destruction. Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to complete Exodus flying a Ulysses with 1% hull integrity, no missiles, and no wingmen.

(My brilliant idea of picking a fast ship, shunting all power to engines, and avoiding all combat in The Great Hunt didn't work out so well - I jumped out before the Thoths were deployed, so they were presumed dead in Good Luck. Nailing a Typhon cruiser head-on as it comes out of subspace isn't too great either. Still, what's more climatic - dispatching the Lucifer with ease, or having the sole remaining ship take out the last reactor within the last minute of the mission?)

Anyway, the post I linked to is almost a year old, and it states that this bug has been fixed. I downloaded FSO with Turey's installer about two or three months ago (version 3.6.9). Is there some update I have to do? Where could I find this update? Or should I go kamikaze five times in a row and proceed to the next mission?

Thanks.

(By the way, the Cloak and Dagger "tug-of-war" bug noted in the linked thread is also present in my version of Silent Threat.)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Silent Threat: Exodus bug
It's fixed, but not yet released.  Just like the Interceptor bug.  And just like the Interceptor bug, the best solution is to edit the mission in FRED or Notepad.  Just change it from a Red-alert mission to a Scramble mission.

Heh. Love the Unix mentality
That did the trick, thanks.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but how do you edit campaign missions in FRED/notepad, at least without installing any mods? Don't really feel like completing the mission with an Ursa with 6 harbingers...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Use VPView to extract the mission from the VP file.  Then put the mission in the data/missions directory under your FreeSpace installation.  (You may need to create the directory if it doesn't exist.)