Author Topic: Having trouble getting this to run- can anyone help?  (Read 1849 times)

Having trouble getting this to run- can anyone help?
I've downloaded FSOpen 3.6.12, FSPort 3.2, the latest release of Silent Threat: Reborn I could find (the readme identifies it as both 1.0 and 1.1; not sure which it's supposed to be), FSPort -mediavps 3.6.12, and the regular -mediavps 3.6.12, which I think is all I need (the wiki links to http://www.hard-light.net/hosted/fsport/website/str/, which is just hard light's main page).  I've run other campaigns successfully, so I'd like to think I'm not totally clueless, but when I try to run ST:R, I get a message at the loading screen (after pilot and campaign selection, when I try to start or continue it), saying "Freespace was unable to find 28 ship classes".  If I try to launch anyway, it crashes, and gives me two sets of errors (which I've attached).  I'm not sure where I've goofed up and would appreciate any help.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Having trouble getting this to run- can anyone help?
Hmm. The fastest way for us to solve the issue is for you to generate a debug log by running a build ending in -d or -debug, playing until you hit the error, then locating the fs2_open.log file (usually in FreeSpace2/data) and posting it for us.

Oh, of course.  Here it is.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
somebody look at this guy's log i'm busy  :(

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Stormbreaker, please follow installation instructions of both FSPort and ST:R to the letter.

- You have installed ST:R to C:\Games\FreeSpace2\Mods\fsport-str, it should be in C:\Games\FreeSpace2\fsport-str. Meaning don't change directory structure of mods unless you know wtf you're doing.
- I can only assume you've done the same to FSPort, because it's not being loaded. Either that or you don't have FSPort installed, which is required to play ST:R.
- You have mv_fsport.vp in the ST:R folder, but again you're not loading mediavps, probably because it too is located in mods. However, note that to play ST:R properly, please ensure that you have 3.6.10 version of mediavps installed. ST:R has not yet been updated to be fully 3.6.12 compatible. http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65038.0
- There is no need to keep your FS2 discs in your drive when playing fs2_open.