Author Topic: Sub-Highlights  (Read 6363 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sure.  Done.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
After going through some of the SMF options, there are permissions we can set to allow the editing of news items to certain member groups (similar to the way the highlights is limited).
I would be very careful of modifying the SMF permissions systems.  It took me a few days to get the current permissions implemented and working properly, as the system is very brittle.  There have been several instances when another admin has tried to add an extra permission set and ended up breaking something.

Not to say that modifying permissions is impossible, just tricky.  But I would recommend proposing any permissions changes in the admin forum before actually setting them, so that we can do a "code review".

I found this page, and it's actually very straightforward, and distinct from most of the other permissions.  I changed the settings so that moderators and global mods can now post news items.

Offline Axem

Okay, I started a business only news ticker thread (and moved the link in the news post to the new thread) so people can easily keep track of current and past news ticker items.