Author Topic: Request that the news ticker link to a list of all news stories  (Read 1462 times)

Request that the news ticker link to a list of all news stories
It's very frustrating to only be able to see them piecemeal and randomly.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Request that the news ticker link to a list of all news stories
All it needs is a 'NEXT' button. But this is also another reason why it would be ideal for the ticker to grab posts from a forum similar to Highlights.. so people can go there and see them.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Axem

The default news ticker for SMF is pretty limited. You have to enter discrete news items and there's nearly nothing with regards to customization.

It'd be cool to have a plugin that would take certain posts in a forum or post. But we need to find the plugin and integrate it so it won't kill HLP...

In the meantime I've started a dedicated news ticker thread and any Admins or GM's can try their best to keep track of what's up there for easy reference.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
All it needs is a 'NEXT' button.

I realise SMF probably doesn't allow this, but this is a cool idea (I was going to suggest it myself until I before I found this thread)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...