Author Topic: EVE Online mod  (Read 35834 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Still sounds odd that it would go through a dev from the legal team, and not directly from legal, as most other companies issue C&Ds.  Also, crossovers done via mods don't make any sense to license since no profit is being made, although maybe they plan on releasing an EVE RTS soon?  They already worked on the first person space combat game if I recall, which might give reason to shut down a mod for FS2.  But it still sounds fishy to me.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yeah, especially with their previous statements in mind. While I understand why they would kill full game developed on UE engine, but mods are non-profit ant non-treat. I think you guys should contact official PR support of EVE devs  for more official statement, and also verify this Falcon. Ya know, this is internet. And people lie :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline majorvader111

• Don't Puckle With Shuckles
Yeah, especially with their previous statements in mind. While I understand why they would kill full game developed on UE engine, but mods are non-profit ant non-treat. I think you guys should contact official PR support of EVE devs  for more official statement, and also verify this Falcon. Ya know, this is internet. And people lie :P

I'm already trying myself but have not heard anything back from them, they for some reason seem to be ignoring the question
STRAYA... Home of Death, Trash Internet & The Police State Downunder.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'd view it as a friendly heads up. 

By all means feel free to continue though bearing in mind I'd err on cautions side here.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png