Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 278536 times)

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:32:19 am by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

I couldn't see the match cause I was outdoor skiing the whole day but judging from that comment it didn't go well at all  :banghead:

The picture Enioch posted sums it up - I got nothing more to add :/
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Love this boat! Ready for ranked

Well, about what I expected, time to uninstall at last.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Any recommendations for recording software on WoW?

I need to start capping some of my mundane turned stupid gameplay.....

Wished I managed to record my Kraken in the Ognevoi.... but I find it utterly entertaining that two of my five kills were scored on helpless destroyers in the smoke while I was fidgeting with shooting a battleship.

I didn't deserve it... but not often you've a battleship back into a torpedo cluster, and kill two destroyers in the same smoke screen while trying to shoot said battleship.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

For starters, make sure you have replay recording turned on (tutorial). Then, you can record the replays using whatever you want. I use FRAPS, it's pretty cheap. If you have a NVidia graphics card, there's recording software that I think comes free with that.

First, you need replays to be enabled. See this post:
http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/19170-enabling-wows-replays/

Second, you'll need a recording software (if you want to record the video).
I'm going to guess you have either an AMD or an NVidia Graphics Card. If you have an Nvidia Graphics card you can enable shadowplay. If you have an AMD card, you can enable ReLive. Both of these are available from the GPU driver homepage.

Hope this helps

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Ooh, nice.

Now I can capture all of the **** I suffer from, especially from "Fun and Engaging" mechanics in play.

Oh... and battleship drivers. Potato players, now I have a legit way to record them and my screeching at them at the same time!
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline crizza

Apart from CV I play them all.
I have been in the position of defending a flank alone in my trusty ol' battleships, being called a noob while trying to guard the rear.
Using a DD I'm called ****noob 'cause I don't do what the team wants.
So you cannot simply say "all BB-drivers are potatos", I end up being a DD hunter in my BBs more often than not.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Holy crap I can't put together a good game in Yūgumo to save my life :P

I'm a little puzzled since I hit the ground running with with every other IJN Can, but pretty much every round I take her out its been an intense bout of  FML.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Unlocked the Bismarck last week.
God how long have I waited for this ship... this...soulmate, it's a complete BEAST. It's like it was made for me and I was made for her.

She feels so comfortable chocking up damage, it can really soak everything!
I tend to put my ships through a ton of risk just so I can feel the rush of adrenaline that only a suicidal push can give, normally this would be the last thing you'd do in a game....but not in the mighty Bismarck!

Oh damn, I think I'm in love.

In other news, latest patch hit yesterday and guess what.... Pensacola feels even MORE inadecuate now. Not sure how they did it.
Or maybe it's me, after not playing her for the longest time, and using other things... this just feels like a floating coffin.
el hombre vicio...

Offline crizza

Nothing is better than plunging the Bismarck strait into the enemy, secondaries wreaking havoc.
Though the Hydro-nerf makes smoke charging a little bit difficult.
But the imagination of bewilderment by smoke users, when you don't give a **** :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Out jousted a Kurrywurst in my Friedrich, it was the memes.

Also drowning in credits after selling all the obsolete modules in the inventory depot.

Here is a brief summary of my time playing ranked this weekend:

Also this:

And here is one of the many AFKers that were on my team this weekend. This one though is special because i took this screenshot after getting torpedoed by a friendly mahan.

On the bright side, I got 48 hours of premium (paid for 24 + 24 reward) so I made 10m credits and 100k XP this weekend. So that's nice.
Probably going to give it a few days before I have another go. Also going to rebuy my Nagato cause it seems to me there are a lot of really bad BB (especially Scharnhorst) captains in ranked and I could easily beat these guys.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I also did some ranked battles over the weekend. By lucky coincidence I'm currently at Nagato, Myoko, Gneisenau and Kiev in my various tech tree grinds, so I have plenty of T7 ships to choose from.

Unfortunately, it turns out I suck in Nagato (which is sad, because I know she can be a terrifying ship). Initially I went with the secondary-buff build, but since T7 is currently swamped with Gneisenaus/Scharnhorsts, there's rarely an opportunity to brawl. So I switched to the accuracy module to increase my oomph at long range which seems to help a bit.
But still, after the shotgun-drive-by-fun-tiems in Fuso, I'm struggling a bit  on how to properly use Nagato (also being told so by 133t cl4n playorz in the chat).
Should she be played more like a bigger badder Kongo?

In the meantime I'm doing my heroic ranked deeds with Myoko... much burn, such love.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Enioch

Not the best Nagato player myself but, in my experience, it's all about positioning in such a way as to be always 1v1 in mid-range.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
It's been a little while since I gotten reps in her but she's always been a favorite.  The selling point are the 41 cm/45 3rd Year Type naval rifles, they are fantastic guns with nice tight groupings and can punch through anything so invest in the primary gunnery.  The armor is usable if angled well but squishy if not, she can easily get dreadnoughts if you play her right but she certainly isn't German(take special care of the rudder, it is easily disabled even by cruiser HE).  I prefer pushing up to support and maintain pressure on the front line, working the 10-15km range for fights.  Focus on making cruisers and DDs regret queuing up unless some bakayaro BB driver is is offering a flat broadside, then obviously reward their efforts with a compound citadel.  Before the Twins dropped I don't think there was anything that a well skippered Nagato at top tier couldn't handle but obviously Gneis and Scharners have the speed and armor to angle rush into torp range and ruin your day.  The secondaries are good and can certainly punish any DDs or CLs that get into range but they are mostly AP and less useful against armored opponents.

It bears repeating, use her great guns to kill the opponents' light units and tank for your own as much as possible.  Its better to be a quarter health late game and still have DDs and CAs alive then a bunch of full health BBs.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:16:09 pm by StarSlayer »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Made a pass at skinning the Belfast in GIMP.  Started from zFireWyvern's 1962 skin for her, changed the primary color to the same RN Light Grey as Warspite and added a blue and green dazzle pattern.  Not historical, but it was a fun experiment.

Also Amagi is still a boss, ten 41 cm/45 3rd Year Type naval rifles at 30 knots?  Yes please.

So i figured I would try fitting out my Sims with full AA in ranked. I feel sorry for the enemy CV. so much carnage, not to mention the total utility role that I was able to play.

Offline Enioch

Yeah, but how often do you run across a CV in ranked?

Don't get me wrong - good game and two thumbs up for teamplay.