Author Topic: Need a ship? Or two? [CLOSED]  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Need a ship? Or two? [CLOSED]
CURRENT STATUS: CLOSED
I'm no-longer capable of taking requests.

Do I have to intruduce myself?

Well, if I have to...

In short - I make ships. Shiny ships. I can make something for your mod if you need me too. Terran, vasudan, even shivan... Terran models may be fully PBR textured if it's needed. If you need a ship, post here. I will see what I can do.

Rules.
1. I will not make you a whole fleet of shiny warships.
2. I'd like to focus on some critical models without your mod will never work etc.
3. Show me your project is serious! I reserve the right to respond on only chosen requests.
4. I have very limited time... And I'm lazy :D.
5. Expect something of Schrodinger quality.
6. Do I HTL existing low-poly models? Yes, I do!
7. Do I work on dumped, unfinished, other people's stuff? Yes, I do!
8. If this is something for anykind of super-secret project: PM me!

Blah blah, I guess this is better way of serving community rather than just lurking around and looking for gaps in modding resources we already have like I recently do with Ancient ships. Go ahead and ask! I won't bite :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:44:10 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Do you just create models or are you talented in other tasks as well? I already took a lot of models (many from you  ;7 ) for Friends and Foes 2, but this time I could need help with tech anis for weapons, main halls and the creation of a star map that could be shown in the game, as well as backgrounds for the fiction viewer, debriefing screens etc...

These things are not essential for the mod to work, but could make it look better overall. Right now I'm just stealing from BP, but there might be better/other options :)

Especially the creation of tech anis shown in the command briefing (introduction of weapons for example) would help...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
If you need custom anis, you've come to the wrong place :P. Ask Mixael rather than me. I'm skilled in all celesial stuff, weapon effects and other kinds of static graphics but I don't do animation.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:55:48 am by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

OK then I'll talk to him when the progress on my project is big enough :) But I will steal a lot of your ships for my mod anyway  :P

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
You are welcome to do that :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It's hardly critical, but my The Great War - Augmented release makes use of a couple of lower-poly models, the Aten Mk2, GTCv Morana (all-be-it, reskinned to match FS1 Terran), and the GTD Henderson.  Further releases of the mod could benefit from upgrading these models.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's hardly critical, but my The Great War - Augmented release makes use of a couple of lower-poly models, the Aten Mk2, GTCv Morana (all-be-it, reskinned to match FS1 Terran), and the GTD Henderson.  Further releases of the mod could benefit from upgrading these models.
In that case I'm wondering why you decided to use older models instead anything of higher polycount. Aten Mk. 2 could be replaced by PVC Neith, GVC Newet or some other, reskinned vasudan cruiser. Planty of high quality vasudan models were released in the last couple of years. Morana may be replaced by BW's awesome GTFg Jupiter, while Henderson... Use HTL Zagreus instead. Zagreus or Trashman's destroyer he released some time ago.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Basically, they matched the themes I was going for, and I am using the Jupiter but as a pirate ship converted from an obsolete design.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well, I will see what I can do with Morana. I have plans for redoing this thing for many years, but never started this due to lack of time and actual purpose.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
As I said, nothing critical.  The mod still works with the low-poly models.

Hm. I could definitely use...'a ship or two' is a pretty good description. Most of what I need for Mantle already exists, but there are a few slots for which I haven't found suitable models. If you're interested, we can PM -- or I could set up an IRC or something. I'd want to work pretty closely with you on design.

One specific thing I'd like -- although it's not hugely critical -- is an HTL PVF Anubis. Okay, granted, it technically already has an HTL, but it's not great -- it wasn't a fantastic design to begin with, and the HTL is pretty conservative. I have sort of a soft spot for the Anubis, because of its agility, and I'd love to see it get a really gorgeous model.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:39:57 am by Kestrellius »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
FSCRP already recruited me and their task is quite important :P. Tons of nasty stuff to fix. I will report back here, when I'm done with stuff for upcoming project of FSCRP.

I added my current status in the first post. Catch me, if you see green.

Kestrellius: I definitly won't be HTLing Anubis again, as there are models with no HTL at all. I may make some models for you in the future, but I won't waste time on HTL of HTL.

That's fair.  :)

Idle question, is your skills limited to Freespace? I only askl because I am trying to get in touch with (in order to revive) the Freespace mods for Sins of a Solar Empire. I have the assets, and have converted files to OBJ format, but bringing them into the SINS engine is... a real challenge, and I'm no modeler :P
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
My skills are not limited to FS. In fact I was working with Unity and Cryengine too and I'm sure I can figure out how to import models to Sins engine... But currently I have no my own Sins copy and so I'm not familiar with internal model hierarchy structure. Perhaps if you can show me some example model, I can do some small research.

Currently I'm occupied with working for Scroll, Starwolf's yet-to-be-announced mod and I still owe some work for FSCRP :P. Catch me when I'm done with current stuff.

Right on. I have this *truly insane* idea of recreating a game as a 4rd Shivan incursion, and from an Admiral's perspective, with fleets of ships at one's command. Below are some links I've found semi-useful, but being more a code monkey than anything else, I barely understand what they are doing!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-the-fallen/videos/how-to-import-a-model-into-sins-of-a-solar-empire
https://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/376221/tutorials-modding-reference-files-modeling-texturing-converting

The dream has four factions - The Terran Alliance, the UEF, the Vasudan Imperium and of course the Shivan hordes. I've done some preliminary work but that's it. I need help converting the models, ensuring the textures are applied properly, and adding meshpoints for weapons fire and abilities. And that doesn't even begin to cover things like strategic icons and new abilities... :P
Stardust, the Sword of Vengeance[A starship combat addict]

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I would like to post some requests as well, all Freespace :-) and mostly harmless.

How exactly should I "catch" you?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Tell me what you need first. I need to know eventual scale of your request to estimate time to complete this. My queue is constantly growing.

Offline majorvader111

• Don't Puckle With Shuckles
Hi Nyctaeus just wondering how progress for the mars model going? just thought i would follow up since its been 2 years since.
STRAYA... Home of Death, Trash Internet & The Police State Downunder.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hey! I still have the files somewhere on my HD. If I remember correctly, it's a little bit upgraded and partially mapped. I had my period of disappearance two years ago, and when I came back, You weren't active so I switched to other projects. HTL Ticonderoga requested by Woolie Wool was cancelled for the same reason.

I can resume working on it when I'm done with other projects of currently highest priority.