Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

PBR and DDS file formats.

(1/11) > >>

Scooby_Doo:
Since I've been out of the loop for sometime now, what texture -blahblahblah do we now have?
I know about normal, glow and the old spec.   Roughness aka -reflect is basically an inverse of glossy (or in Painter it is roughness).  I've heard about -ao.  Is -unlit basically -albedo?

Also what are the dds formats for these?  The nvidia tool seems to be broken with photoshop CC and the intel version is a bit confusing.  I can't seem to get the extra textures to display correctly.

Oddgrim:
Albedo is the diffuse texture without any AO baked into it, -ao is a baked map with a curviture map into the red alpha layer. -Reflect is the specular map with the glossy in the alpha layer. And the normal is the regular setup, teh wiki page for the PBR conversion process is kinda borked at the moment.

As for .dds conversion I have been using the intel photoshop plugin https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin it has worked faily well for me so far. c:

Scooby_Doo:
I must be doing something wrong then.  If I use the asteriod -reflect texture  (renamed as ship-texture) it works, but if I use my own texture it doesn't do anything.

Is your -reflect map originally greyscale?  I'm exporting via texture works as texture type:color, compression:BC1, autogen mipmap

Oddgrim:

--- Quote from: Scooby_Doo on December 05, 2017, 05:25:56 pm ---I must be doing something wrong then.  If I use the asteriod -reflect texture  (renamed as ship-texture) it works, but if I use my own texture it doesn't do anything.

Is your -reflect map originally greyscale?  I'm exporting via texture works as texture type:color, compression:BC1, autogen mipmap

--- End quote ---

You'll need to include the alpha layer as well in the -reflect map (glossy) to make it work.

Scooby_Doo:

--- Quote from: Oddgrim on December 05, 2017, 06:00:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: Scooby_Doo on December 05, 2017, 05:25:56 pm ---I must be doing something wrong then.  If I use the asteriod -reflect texture  (renamed as ship-texture) it works, but if I use my own texture it doesn't do anything.

--- End quote ---

You'll need to include the alpha layer as well in the -reflect map (glossy) to make it work.

--- End quote ---

Ahh ha! That was it, don't think I would have figured that one out in a million years.  Looks like I'm going to be writing some small Substance Designer materials to autofix that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version