Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > FreeSpace Conversion

Cannot for the life of me get FSO/fsport working

(1/4) > >>

MaterialDefender:
I have FS2 installed from Gog (whatever the latest version is as of this week) and used the FSO Installer to install FSO, fsport, and wxlauncher.  For whatever reason the installer never downloaded an actual FSO binaries no matter how many times I ran it (with the default Windows 32 Standard selected) so I downloaded FSO from the project (3.8) and used that.  wxlauncher is happy now and the game launches until you hit the main menu page, and then it just crashes. 

This happens with both FSO standard and fsport. I've attached both logs as I am unsure if the problems are related. 

I spent several hours reinstalling everything and playing with settings but no luck.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Novachen:
Mhh.. i see nothing unusual in this log, except for the Graphics card where i have to say, that i am not sure, what Features of FSO this one is supporting.

Is the game also crashing if you use the "Default FS2 (All features off)" Flag set in wxLauncher? It's available in the Advanced Settings tab.

That is the idea i have, that there is some feature active, your Intel Chip can not support.

MaterialDefender:

--- Quote from: Novachen on January 05, 2018, 09:49:18 am ---Mhh.. i see nothing unusual in this log, except for the Graphics card where i have to say, that i am not sure, what Features of FSO this one is supporting.

Is the game also crashing if you use the "Default FS2 (All features off)" Flag set in wxLauncher? It's available in the Advanced Settings tab.

That is the idea i have, that there is some feature active, your Intel Chip can not support.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for replying. 

I set Default FS2 in Advanced Options like you suggested, but I got the same crash (only tested fsopen, not fsport so far. I'll try more tomorrow after school).  I've attached the new log.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Cyborg17:
Not that I think this is the cause, but why are you using the old-collision flag?  New collision should be optimized, and since only a few people use the old collision code, there is a *tiny* chance that it is borked somehow and is causing the issue. And nobody knows about it because they haven't used it.

Maybe there is something wrong with your graphics card: "Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 0.519 (0.519)"  ??

MaterialDefender:

--- Quote from: Cyborg17 on January 05, 2018, 12:14:20 pm ---Not that I think this is the cause, but why are you using the old-collision flag?  New collision should be optimized, and since only a few people use the old collision code, there is a *tiny* chance that it is borked somehow and is causing the issue. And nobody knows about it because they haven't used it.

Maybe there is something wrong with your graphics card: "Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 0.519 (0.519)"  ??

--- End quote ---

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about, haha.  As far as I could find there is no manual for this stuff.. so I'm just blundering along as best I can xD

Care to elaborate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version