Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > FreeSpace Conversion

fs port Multiplayer

(1/4) > >>

ShivanSpS:
I have one issue here, when i attempt to play multiplayer, i still have listed all FS2 missions, and its just one big MESS, there is any way to avoid this?

Novachen:
As far as i know, no. Unfortunately not.

Maybe you could rid of all the Team and FS2 Coop missions in the selection menu aside from the MP Campaign menu, if you create a Campaign file with all FS2 Team and Coop missions respectively.
But that require that the MP missions are working the same as SP missions and so are not selectable alone if they are part of an campaign. Actually i do not rememeber.

But there is no way to get rid of the FS2 Dogfight missions, because they can not be part of an campaign file.

EDIT: No, even that is not working. All missions that are part of an MP campaign are selectable alone, too.  :(
So well.. the only chance to get rid of them i see, is a package full of dummy files, that have only the same file names as the FS2 (and its multiplayer package) Multiplayer missions.

Actually i have another problems with the current behavior, too. Because i can not use any Debug build with a translation, because i get countless error messages about too long text entries, because the FS2 MP missions use tstring ids i changed.

Novachen:
Well, i created such dummy package now.

You have only to extract this into the FSPort folder.

This one deactivates all Multiplayer missions that are part of Freespace 2, the MediaVPs and FreeSpace 2's multi-mission package.

The only FS2 remnants that are still visible in the Multiplayer menu are the three Freespace 2 Multiplayer Campaigns. But i edited the campaign description to make clear, that they are not working. Aswell these campaign files do not contain any missions.

FSPort Multiplayer missions that uses the same file names are unaffected by these changes, because the VP in this archive is loaded before the fsport-missions.vp which so have a higher priority.

Of course, any custom FS2 Multiplayer mission that was not part of the three beforementioned packages is still selectable in the Multiplayer menu.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Goober5000:
There isn't any way to filter out the FS2 multiplayer missions if you're not playing a FS2-compatible mod.  This would require a FSO feature along the lines of #Ignored Campaign File Names.

EDIT: I have opened a GitHub issue for this.

ShivanSpS:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on March 23, 2018, 05:41:20 pm ---There isn't any way to filter out the FS2 multiplayer missions if you're not playing a FS2-compatible mod.  This would require a FSO feature along the lines of #Ignored Campaign File Names.

EDIT: I have opened a GitHub issue for this.

--- End quote ---

That would work, altrought it it woundt be easier just to load missions in the primary active mod for multiplayer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version