Author Topic: [Split] Interpersonal affairs  (Read 6565 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: [Split] Interpersonal affairs
SerRes has its operational base on ModDB as well! Right here, you can find direct links to key downloads, releases and articles.

Official ModDB Profile

SerRes v.1.0.0 release announcement

Additional content, not strictly related to new releases, can be found here:

Arachnas installation overhaul

Insights on the Adharan Coalition and Regulus Syndicate

We're proud to announce the creation of a dedicated Discord channel as well! Come in and talk to the developers.

Discord Channel

Looking for information concerning SerRes' lore and details? Here, we've got direct links to the various SR articles on the Wiki. This page will be expanded as more articles are created. Be advised that the following content is to be considered spoiler to the plot of Series Resurrecta campaigns.

Main FreeSpace Wiki Article

Do you want to learn more on SerRes' mods? Right here, you'll find all dedicated articles.

SerRes Campaigns Walkthroughs

Shadows of the Great War

Gehenna's Gate

The Spirit of Ptah

There's a specific section of the Wiki devoted to the vast Series Resurrecta lore.

Series Resurrecta Fictions

Complete Ship Database

SR Weapons

Famous Persons

Squadrons List

"Tales of a Reporter" lost texts
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:05:00 am by Mobius »

So, uh, what's this mod about?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

So, uh, what's this mod about?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
My point made rather dickishly I do think this is cool but I think you need a log line/hook other than "it took a long time to release so it's like they're resurrected." All the public information is just "here's a history of Series Resurrecta, the mod about releasing old mods."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If you're doing all Reconstruction era campaigns you could even tie the overall anthology theme to the post-war 'resurrection' of Terran and Vasudan society (and the resurrection of conflicts within said).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The "resurrected" part of the name is tied to the fact that these campaigns were mostly FREDded between 2007 and 2009, but entered a limbo phase and never saw the light. Well, until 2020.  :)

The next release will feature even older concepts. Resurrected, but still older in their basic structure. I'm referring to mid-late 2006 concepts and missions that also entered a limbo back then.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
What BP is about is stated by a single line:
Now we look homeward. The GTVA 14th Battlegroup will spearhead the effort to re-establish contact with Earth.
Which tells me exactly nothing about content of BP, but "it's about the same stuff as every other post-capella campaign". Rest is a list of features and generic advertisement battutaspeech. I wrote tons of similar stuff in my life... What's the situation of Series Ressurecta? It's exactly the same.

Why?

Because we certainly want to avoid straightforward explaining what's the content of SR campaigns. Instead, we provide hints for potential players to gather, then take their individual guessing games. But if you insist, I'm glad to explain. In Eyecandy thread, we show FS1 ships, weapons with some new things like new shivan assets. On the logo, potential player see HoL emblem and second, potentially shivan shape suggesting one campaign centered around HoL and second centered around Shivans. Pictures often say more then words.

In Development Blog I announced some things: Uhuru in service of Adhara Coalition and ship designs of Regulus Syndicate. The possible implication for this campaign are: There will be 2 terran factions interacting somehow. I posted Shivan screenshots... So Shivans will be involved. Description is purposely vague, because obvious descriptions are spoilers.

To summarize our promotion model: We have cool stuff, come, play and see for yourself.

And you sound like you don't understand. As you call it "rather dickishly". In fact I know that you exactly understand this way of introduction because it's similar to BP model. For this reason your manner of posting seems to be provocative... But I bet you are're also aware about it. Pardon me, but I do not wish shinenigans of dicktutta here. Cooltutta with his usually valuable merits is, on the other hand, welcome with open hands. Just like input, feedback or meritoric critique of every human being in the world.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Another key factor in SR is that it shouldn't be considered a continuity in the classical sense, instead it's a set of independent stories that don't necessarily contradict each other but are definitely not part of the same timeline. There are sporadic references to what's described in other campaigns but we're not building up a "continuity". The collection started with this setting and will keep developing it; the next release will consolidate it even more.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Why are you constantly bringing up BP, dude?

But, sure, here's the BP log line: we're going back to Earth. When you play the game, you'll go back to Earth. That's what happens. There's the hook, you get to see what happened to Earth.

Nothing in what I've posted here gives me any idea what happens when I play Series Resurrecta. It's just paragraphs about behind the scenes out of game stuff. You need a log line, you need a hook.

Nobody will give a **** about anything you post unless you give them a reason to care. Nobody clicks on links. Nobody reads. People are cognitive misers, they will ignore anything they can ignore. You need to grab them.

Just like input, feedback or meritoric critique of every human being in the world.

This is good and valuable feedback. Use it, don't fight it. Dismissing it out of hand is being a dick.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
So: what the **** is this mod about?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Not "how was it made" or "how is it being marketed" or "who's working on it" or "what is our PR plan."

What is it about?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's about Shivans and HoL :]. At least first release. If you take a look at logo, your questions are answered. You will fight shivans in one campaign, you will fight HoL in second one.

Why bringing up BP? Because description of BP release gives me exactly no clue what the campaign is about on the same manner.
Description of Scroll also gives me no clue about it's story content. Goober once said "It's about vasudans.". Lots of mods purposely provide no descriptions, but more interesting content to invite players into... And you know what? I don't want to know more :]. And it's good that I don't know. What's the point of playing if I don't know?

Do I sell beer here? No. I sell exactly something that should be cat in the bad.

Contrary to you, I think our community is composed from actually very passionate people and majority of them are around exactly because they are interested in new stuff instead of being "cognitive misers". Otherwise this place would be dead long time ago.

I do not dismiss it. I disagree with it.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think you want to argue rather than make an effort to do better at a new skill. Which, well, I can't talk you out of.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I do not want to argue. I know the skill you're talking about. I advertised Exile the way you describe, but I purposely take different route and from 2 posts I'm explaining why... Despite the fact that I don't think I need to explain.

If in your opinion it's a mistake, I respect it. But still disagree.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
I do feel I've kind of dragged the energy here down a bit.

THEN STOP

My point made rather dickishly

Then just stop! There's no need to make 6 chain posts with the exact same content just to prove some point about FS mod marketing! You had a point, that's great! This doesn't help prove your point or do anything except rile people up even further!

Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's actually a really good and important point that needs to be made. Almost no one is good at pitching stories. It's a skill that has to be learned and practiced.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
It's actually a really good and important point that needs to be made. Almost no one is good at pitching stories. It's a skill that has to be learned and practiced.

I agree! Please try to make it constructively and in a way that doesn't put the person you're trying to make the point to on the defensive!
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
It was a good and important suggestion the first time it was mentioned in a civil fashion. Right now it's mostly just hammering in the nail even more without ever accepting anything but an immediate and full surrender to your "suggestion".

Treat others like you want to be treated, yes?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Pfff...

Okay xD.

I'll add token descriptions for GehG and TSoP. Just to cut this pointless discussion off.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I agree! Please try to make it constructively and in a way that doesn't put the person you're trying to make the point to on the defensive!

It was a good and important suggestion the first time it was mentioned in a civil fashion. Right now it's mostly just hammering in the nail even more without ever accepting anything but an immediate and full surrender to your "suggestion".

Treat others like you want to be treated, yes?

As usual, you are leaping in without bothering to actually read what happened. My posts are a response to a response. The suggestion was made; it was dismissed with a "We already did it." They manifestly have not already done it. I have now pointed out this out. Nyctaeus has replied with "We think it's good enough." I concede I can't get them to stop thinking this.

Now for some reason you two feel the need to re-open the topic.

Your constant backseat posting while ignoring context and what's actually being said is exhausting and pointless. Stop it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It is manifestly bad that not one of the threads, wiki articles, or ModDB posts about this campaign actually says what it is about and I am glad that Nyc is changing that.