Author Topic: Campaign Editor Wonkyness  (Read 402 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Campaign Editor Wonkyness
So I'm still working with ITB for TBP, and I decided it was finally time to string the thing back into a campaign so I can test out my persistent variables, and do some balance testing with the red-alert missions.  Anyway, I was getting the last mission in the editor, and then selected the "end of campaign" option to designate the last mission as such.  It added the proper tag into it, and then FRED promptly crashed with no error message.  Now, switching to a debug build seemed to work (it may have also been due to the fact that I was initially working with the Aug 26th build, and then switched to the new Aug27th build when I switched to debug).

I would also like to express frustration about how versions of campaign files are being stored in both the TBP folder in the FreespaceOpen folder, but also in the Users folder, and often changes being made in the campaign editor are being stored in the Users folder and not in the FreespaceOpen folder where Knossos stores the actual game.  Is there some way we can resolve this duality?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Campaign Editor Wonkyness
I would also like to express frustration about how versions of campaign files are being stored in both the TBP folder in the FreespaceOpen folder, but also in the Users folder, and often changes being made in the campaign editor are being stored in the Users folder and not in the FreespaceOpen folder where Knossos stores the actual game.  Is there some way we can resolve this duality?

Don't quote me on this, but this is to resolve an issue that happens if you edit any campaign a pilot currently has selected. Because if you did that in earlier FSO versions, the pilot file would be flagged as corrupted and become unusable.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."