Author Topic: FRED Academy  (Read 270487 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Good rule of thumb. In this case I'd check out the fine print at the start of the CVS Builds thread. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline kane544

I would like to join the academy because i could really use improvement in my Fredding skills.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sure. Pick a mission and get started :)

Offline kane544

I'll go with C3M15

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Done. Take care not to have too many ships when working on that mission. It's quite Endorian.

Offline kane544

Just one question. What kind of destroyer is the GTID Acumen

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Your choice. You're the first person to make a mission featuring it so choose whichever Terran destroyer fits your mission better. Since it's a beam fight though I'd suggest an Orion over a Hecate.

Offline Koorah

Hi All.

Been out of the FS saddle since 2001 but I fooled around with FRED and was one of the many who started a campaign never to finish it, so I think this FA idea is a very worthy cause.

I've tried to get up to speed with developments since vanilla FS2 was released but there a hell of a lot of info on this site so I guess I'll just have to watch and learn. Quite daunting for an old fart like me, hehe.

I'm guessing there isn't a time limit on this considering the age of this thread but having recently become a father my time is somewhat limited, so if you can bear with me I'll do what I can when I can ;)

I'd like to go for

C3 Mission 6A.

If thats ok with you guys

;)

I will have questions....

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sounds good to me.

Oh and congratulations. Train your child in the ways of Freespace from an early age :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Hi All.

Been out of the FS saddle since 2001 but I fooled around with FRED and was one of the many who started a campaign never to finish it, so I think this FA idea is a very worthy cause.

I've tried to get up to speed with developments since vanilla FS2 was released but there a hell of a lot of info on this site so I guess I'll just have to watch and learn. Quite daunting for an old fart like me, hehe.

I'm guessing there isn't a time limit on this considering the age of this thread but having recently become a father my time is somewhat limited, so if you can bear with me I'll do what I can when I can ;)

I'd like to go for

C3 Mission 6A.

If thats ok with you guys

;)

I will have questions....

Congrats.

Is your kid called Fred?  Because that could get quite confuzzling.  Especially if your second name is 'Academy'.

Offline Koorah

Sounds good to me.

Oh and congratulations. Train your child in the ways of Freespace from an early age :)
Don't worry, he'll be holding a joystick before he holds a rattle ;)

I have some questions regarding the mission spec before I get stuck in, but I'll address those in a new thread.

No Aldo, his name is not FRED alas. His middle name is Gaius though and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with BSG.

;)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Ok well I am trying with "Mission 11: It Gets Better" in campaign 3.

hope to have it finished at the end of the week or maybe sooner.

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Look forwards to seeing it :)

Offline TigerVX

Well, I'm a sincere newb at Freding, and wanted to try my hand at something here. It sounds really great, the only problem is... I don't see any missions. There is a list of campgiens... But there is no plot, no missions. It says that they are under spoiler tags, and I swear I've highlighted the whole page and found zip. I can't find any links to these campgiens and I don't understand what you mean when you "Pick a campgien and mission below" Because I can't find any missions! I'm sorry if this is insane newbness, but I swear I cannot find it. Thank for any help.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The new spoiler tabs work by hovering the mouse pointer over them. If highlighting doesn't work for you just quote one of the messages on the first page and you'll be able to read everything.

Offline Nuclear1

Which is funny, because spoiler tags don't seem to work at all for me. Even quoting them does no good.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline TigerVX

Which is funny, because spoiler tags don't seem to work at all for me. Even quoting them does no good.

Same problem, quoting doesn't work for me either, it's still all blank :x

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Ah. Sent the details for campaigns 2 and 3 (The only active ones with unassigned missions) by PM for now.

I'm assuming that you weren't planning on FREDding for the B5 mod so I didn't send you the plotline from campaign 5

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
I'll take Campaign 3 Mission 6: Wolves in the Fields. Nice standard convoy mission. :nod:

EDIT: What's a good version of FRED? right now I'm using the 3.6.9 RC5 (unless multi_test came with FRED, which I don't think it did.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 07:16:02 pm by SSX-Kahn »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That should be prefectly fine. Even if there is a newer build next to nothing will have changed in it since most of the fixes the last couple of weeks were for FS2_Open instead anyway.