Author Topic: Halo 3 Footage from GC07  (Read 6888 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Halo 3 Footage from GC07
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html

:eek2:

Bungie pulled a fast one with that beta. Holy. Bloody. Hell.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Re: Halo 3 Footage from GC07
Yeah its really starting to shape up now.

I've got an XBox 360 now...there was a really good deal on them so I picked one up with Forza 2 as the bundle and Splinter Cell Double Agent for free in store bundle.  Anyways I'm looking forward to this release...might pick up Halo 3 at some point.  Still need to play the original :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Not bad. Graphics are pretty, but it'll all be for nothing if they don't have a good ending planned. Seriously, if I don't get closure, i'm bustin' skulls.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Not bad. Graphics are pretty, but it'll all be for nothing if they don't have a good ending planned. Seriously, if I don't get closure, i'm bustin' skulls.

Good closure, none of this "hahaha you weren't quite badass enough" ****.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
And the embargo is up:

FEAST YER EYES! Moar, many moar here:

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3144308&pg=1&imageNum=0&sec=IMAGES

The game's art has matured to perfection IMHO.

And then there's forge - gary's mod for the console space.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:04:57 am by Deepblue »

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Is there anything new gameplay wise?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
How did I know it was Deepblue that posted a massive montage of pretty screenies without even looking at the poster's name? :p

Anyway, it looks cool, I guess. I'm not a huge Halo fan but I find it fun at LANs.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill

Much larger scale battles and equipment.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

Much larger scale battles and equipment.

That's not exactly new. Unless by equipment you mean those nifty grenades that appear in the ad.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Equipment known so far:

Bubble Shield (The one in the ad)
Portable Grav Lift
Trip Mine
Power Drainer (Drains shields and then explodes)
Radar Jammer (Puts lots of fake dots on the radar in area of effect)
Flare (Flashbang)
Personal Shield (Covenant shield emplacement from previous games, only blocks from one side allowing user to fire through)
Regenerator (Constantly charges shields while intact)

and more not yet shown

I'm gonna assume that you didn't play the Beta, so this may seem pretty rudimentary and not new. However, it really mixes things up in the gameplay. I suppose the best analogy would be a tilt in a pinball game, it may help you, or it may doom you.

As far as scale is concerned - one encounter on the second level as as many enemies/allies as all of the enemies and allies of the first level of Halo.

But everything else is classic Halo, if you didn't like the fundamental gameplay to begin with, nothing in this game is going to change your mind.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 12:58:19 pm by Deepblue »

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
So they reversed course on nerfing the Master Chief? One of the things about Halo 2 that annoyed me a lot was that the scale of combat tended to have shrunk...because you would never have survived engaging the same number of enemies as you used to.

Also, I see no screenshots involving the Arbiter. But the Elites seem to have discovered proper, closed helmets now so you can't fire rounds down their throats.

A Feddie Story

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
So they reversed course on nerfing the Master Chief? One of the things about Halo 2 that annoyed me a lot was that the scale of combat tended to have shrunk...because you would never have survived engaging the same number of enemies as you used to.

Also, I see no screenshots involving the Arbiter. But the Elites seem to have discovered proper, closed helmets now so you can't fire rounds down their throats.

Spoiler:
Elites are actually siding with humans against Covenant this time around so your going to see Arbiter around but you don't play as him
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Hey gotta give it to them, MS knows if they keep recycling games they will stop GW. :p
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
^
boo

Oh you'll see him around.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
We get the MA5B back?

A Feddie Story

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Yes (sorta, it's the MA5C now - 32 round clip with more range and tighter fire than the B).

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
*Images*
Wow!  Look at those awesome quality generic and linear maps!  They look so awesome, it almost looks somewhat half-way original in concept!  I'm definitely gonna buy an X360 today, just for the eye candy of this truly awesome cookie cutter game!

EDIT:  One day I will learn to complete my sentences.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 07:19:35 pm by Scuddie »
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
lol

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Such hostility towards Halo.  I always enjoyed the whole package that they put together with it.  I'm not the traditional FPS sort of player so maybe I'm just more excepting of the faults.  Halo was always fun for me...I can definitely see myself picking this one up at some point.  The graphics look really polished...stylistically you can argue that you don't like it...but it does look very polished.  Maybe its too polished for some.  Gears of War seemed really gritty which is another good style but I like that one less.  To each is own.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll wait 3 years for the PC version. And then pirate it in protest at having to wait 3 years. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]