Author Topic: Project translation of freespace 2 to spanish  (Read 3224 times)

Project translation of freespace 2 to spanish
This project in the translation of freespace 2 and mod fsport, if someone wants to participate in the translation, translating mods, or make a page for managing translation and mods to be translated send an email to [email protected]

This text is translated to google because I was not English, but who is translating the game is another partner.

Hay un proyecto de traduccion del freespace 2 y mod fsport, si alguien quiere participar en la traduccion del juego, de los mods, o de disponer una pagina para la gestion de las traducciones que vayan saliendo, por favor, contacten conmigo por email en [email protected].

Re: Project translation of freespace 2 to spanish
:welcome:

Bienvenido al Hard Light Productions Forum!

;)
Hola! Me gustaria ayudar pero mi espanol es muy terrible.

?Tienes un website? Donde? 

English:

Hello, I would like to help but my Spanish is very bad.

Do you have a website? Where are you from?

Someone with better Spanish needs to ask this guy where he's from and if there's a whole Spanish FS community that noone here knows about...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Whatever you do don't make the mistake of extracting and translating the missions. All you have to do is copy Strings.tbl and Tstrings.tbl. Make a section called #Spanish and then translate everything same as the #German and #French entries did.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

no tengo pagina, propuse la traduccion en una pagina y un usuario me pidio los ficheros y se los di, por ahora lo que le mande es en si la historia oficial, es decir, freespace 1(mod fsport) y el 2. Lo que pido es gente que pueda traducir, aparte es reunir gente para ponerse a traducir los mods y misiones, ademas de ayudar en lo que sea.

Karajorma is also necessary to translate missions to further the story and can play people with a low level of English, though Strings.tbl and Tstrings.tbl can do as you say.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Podes indicar-nos onde é que o projecto de tradução está ser feito? Nós estamos a ficar curiosos se existe alguma comunidade espanhola de fans de Freespace.  :D

Let's hope he understands something similar.  :nervous:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

repito, por ahora que yo sepa no hay una comunidad freespace 2, lo que se intenta es traducir el juego solamente, por eso estoy buscando gente para que se apunte al proyecto de traducir el juego y los mods que salgan.

I repeat, as far as I know for now there is a community freespace 2, which seeks to translate the game is only for now, which is why I am looking for people to join the project to translate the game and the mods that come out.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Karajorma is also necessary to translate missions to further the story and can play people with a low level of English, though Strings.tbl and Tstrings.tbl can do as you say.

No, you don't actually need to touch the mission files. You can translate every mission in the game simply by editing those two tables. They contain the text for all of the mission. The game would handle the rest. What's more no matter what the SCP do to improve those missions graphically (adding nameplates, changing backgrounds) your edits would still work.

If however you edit the missions themselves you then have to keep editing them every time the SCP change anything since they'd only edit the English versions of the missions most likely.

That's why it's a huge mistake to edit the mission files directly.

I tried to translate tstring.tbl does not work, but if translated directly missions, I guess because the texts of the missions will have priority cargo.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Translating strings and Tstrings is all you need to do before you can distribute the translation. But on your own machine you'll need to change the registry value for the language.

using regedit change/add the following registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Volition -> Freespace2->Language

It's a REG_SZ and the value should be set to Spanish

:confused: In the end it appears that will not let me take another language other than the three predetermined,when I regedit in Spanish, as if it is not detected and caught the default language (English)., but if I change something in the language works, so mapping the German or French translation by the Spanish.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Translating FS to more languages.

Sounds interesting.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
  :confused: In the end it appears that will not let me take another language other than the three predetermined,when I regedit in Spanish, as if it is not detected and caught the default language (English)., but if I change something in the language works, so mapping the German or French translation by the Spanish.

Can you post the tables? I'll see about getting that fixed. In the meantime simply change it to German in both the tables and the registry. I doubt that the game will care that the words of the German translation look suspiciously like Spanish for now. :D

Do not worry, there is a page that Spanish translation has been devoted to role-playing games, but that hosts other translations of other games, and ask them and they told me that in 3 thief passed the same, but that fix with programming and I do not know, for now we will use #german, and to see if these people helps to correct the error and the game accept the new language because it does not recognize that surely is #Spanish.what I said is that we must have the wisdom of a developer to fix it and that it is sometimes necessary to sacrifice a language. But that is all the same, whoever the game in German that do not download the patch, the important thing is that if it works a lot of people can be translated into their language.

And notify the translator of the string, but the freespace 1 (fsport) do not have it, or it becomes a hand and leads or translates missions.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 08:53:07 am by zackiman »

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
if the game is not working karajorma in the way says, then that means it's broken and needs to be fixed. this could be a bug, so as long as you do it the way he says we will make sure it works as advertised.

it is funny that you bring this up just now, because I was just thinking the other day that I should look into getting a localisation system set up for the POF (freespace model) editor PCS2. if we do decide to go ahead with localisation would you and your group be interested in doing the translation?
(you might have some fun with some of my error messages :) )
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

The translation offered in the other forum, and the user is doing, what I look for in this forum freespace 2 people that can be understood Spanish and English.

Lo siento, nadie aqui habla Espanol.

Sorry, noone here speaks Spanish.

Bon chance.

Ok, anyway, since there is a community of freespace Spanish, can someone who knows English come to this, so the announcement this post ;-).