Author Topic: The 10 golden rules of online gaming  (Read 9185 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: The 10 golden rules of online gaming
It's also true that good players are routinely called cheaters by average noobs and banned from games by the server admins, which was the point they were making. That happened to me more times than I could count back when I played UT. It's a good thing there are so many servers in most of these games that it doesn't matter. :p

That's happened to me all the time as well.  :lol:

The stupid Wolfenstein noobs.  :hopping:

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Ahah no3 made me laugh so hard. I got a classmate who plays UT from time to time. I dont even talk about it with him anymore because anytime we do it ends up like this:

Him: "Yeah UT 2003 sucks. The original is much better"
Me: "Oh really? Whys that?"
Him: "Its noobish"
Me: "Uh? Its the same as the original, only with better graphics, more game types and more maps"
Him: "No its not! Its easier to kill there, its for noobs"

OR

Me: "Yeah I like the flak gun"
Him: "LOL! (he actually says LOL, he doesnt laugh... that should give you an idea on his type :P ) It takes no skillz to play, its noobzor"
Me: "Whatever..."

:P

Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
To be honest, there is a slight diference between UT and UT2k3 in terms of pacing, with the former having greater weapon/character speed.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Him: "Yeah UT 2003 sucks. The original is much better"
Me: "Oh really? Whys that?"
Him: "Its noobish"
Me: "Uh? Its the same as the original, only with better graphics, more game types and more maps"
Him: "No its not! Its easier to kill there, its for noobs"

I agree with his conclusion even though his reasoning is stupid. :p There is a world of difference in the gameplay for someone who has played the original a lot, and it's not in a good way.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Yep, only the speed changes... if I want to go slow Id play cs :P

Also I believe there is a inbuilt mod that reverts back to the originals pace
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
UT had fast paced killing and generally had death at every corner.  It was extremely tough to win with no deaths, even against noobs.

UT200X had slightly slower paced killing and much reduced weapon damage.  It was fairly easy to win with little to no deaths, even against decent players.

UT3 is more or less like UT.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Online games = destroyer of minds

Nowhere else do people justify the fact that they suck with the fact that the person who killed them sucks even more.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i dont know about you all but a text bubble is usually a big ass bullseye to me. i know if i started typing in a big open area id get fragged in about 2 seconds flat. i only gleefully return the favor. 90% of the time im getting my ass kicked anyway, so im gonna have some fun when i can.

one thing i like to do is lob grenades aimlessly into the main room where most of the fragging is going on in. i know this tactic has no hope of ever winning a deathmatch, but i dont care, if it pisses of the laggy newbs and the gay haxxors then im happy :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Him: "LOL! (he actually says LOL, he doesnt laugh...

I hate those people. I cringe everytime I hear some teenager actually say LOL and want to punch him in the face.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Same here. I have a friend of mine who says BRB whenever he needs to do something quick. I didn't mind it at first then...
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame war™?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Gets... rather annoying... really

Raven is a god.

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Exactly.
This sig is equal to -i.

I hate those people. I cringe everytime I hear some teenager actually say LOL and want to punch him in the face.

Same here. I have a friend of mine who says BRB whenever he needs to do something quick. I didn't mind it at first then...

I dunno, it is more efficient. As far as I can tell efficiency = laziness and effort = bad in today's world. I find the repetition of the word "like" in a sentence far more aggravating. Seriously, "like" is NOT an INTERJECTION, it is a COMPARISON!

Slightly off-topic: Does anyone have a DVD copy of House M.D.? If you have, this kinda reminds me of the "Valley Girl" versions of selected scenes...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:49:33 pm by spartan_0214 »

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Seriously, "like" is NOT and INTERJECTION, it is a COMPARISON!

Seriously, "and" is a CONJUNCTION, not an ARTICLE! :ha:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Glad to see English at Tech has paid off there, DH... :rolleyes:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Where did House come from? If you really want it, buy it or otherwise... :drevil:
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

I say "lol" when someone is trying to be smart or tells a stupid joke.

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
 :lol: That by itself sounds like a terrible joke.
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
What I find more irritating is people with no basic common sense when playing a team game..

You might be a n00b, but use your head dammit!
There's nothing better than building a defensive perimiter in Termulus (the best possible perimiter..all turrets setup to have the best possible field of fire), only to have someone deconstruct it IN THE MIDDLE O AN ENEMY ATTTACK. Pure genius.

Or hording all the jetpacks and just hovering around in the base, camping..no one joining an attack or responding to call for a charge.

I'd be playing Allegiance right now, if it weren't for the damn NetFramework2.0 I have to have installed atm for VisualStudio 2005... :sigh:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Topgun

Him: "LOL! (he actually says LOL, he doesnt laugh...

el-o-el