Author Topic: RELEASE: Sync  (Read 99854 times)

Offline Nuclear1

It will be done by the end of October, though. That's not a release date, it's an absolute deadline. If it's not out by then, you can safely assume I've been hit by a bus skewered with a harpoon..

Fixed for great justice. ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Oh snap.

Also, if everything goes well there will be a bit of a status update within a couple of days on Game Warden.

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
*waves pom-poms*

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Hurryyy uppp

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Finished this campaign today, its really good but some stuff i cant understand like how my ship changed from a HERC to a Artermis Bomber  :doubt: and some other stuff.

Anyway i really liked it but i think Transcend was better, and one thing i hate...... OPEN-ENDED ENDINGS, you have to make a sequel to this its really good.

I cant wait for ur next campaign, sequal or not i know its gonna be good.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 05:08:26 am by crucial_soul »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
It's planned as three chapters, this is the reason why nothing is explained.

i see cant wait for the sequal then

Something I want to clarify: is Transcend one of the chapters? I heard it described as a side-story....
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Transcend isn't one of the chapters, no.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just started playng the campaign and so far i kept me on mi seat with a coup of cofee next to me a a lot of cigarettes to calm mi nerves. I has a good feeling to it and i have the impresion its only gooing to get more ......deadly as i progress further into the campaign. Good job guis. Oh and thanx for a cool campaign!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
I need popcorn...

Lol, what's really funny is at the end, the dialogue of the last mission. What they think is so dooming actually isn't.. that bad  :D.

At least, not total doom.

(lol, lack of spoiler tags is annoying.)

What are you talking about? Maybe I missed something, but...

how to say this without making a major spoiler......

I'd say that what the Shivans were doing at the end constitutes a major, very very major, threat to the GTVA.

Ransom, one thing I've been confused about: I've seen how you set up events pretty close to the opening of the Second Shivan Invasion, but I've never been sure whether you are making this out to be: What happened behind the scenes, or a separate continuity from FS2. Cause I definitely don't think there was such a major attack on Third Fleet HQ so early in the main campaign.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers

I'd say that what the Shivans were doing at the end constitutes a major, very very major, threat to the GTVA.

Ransom, one thing I've been confused about: I've seen how you set up events pretty close to the opening of the Second Shivan Invasion, but I've never been sure whether you are making this out to be: What happened behind the scenes, or a separate continuity from FS2. Cause I definitely don't think there was such a major attack on Third Fleet HQ so early in the main campaign.

Lol... did you play the main FS2 campaign? 1 sathanas, buncha destroyers... seems... familiar...  ;7 ;7

Though I guess the timing may be off, which could be annoying... Cos if it's not the same thing, there may be a problem   

Lol... did you play the main FS2 campaign? 1 sathanas, buncha destroyers... seems... familiar...   

Self-
Cause I definitely don't think there was such a major attack on Third Fleet HQ so early in the main campaign.

In the main campaign, the GTVA smashed the Shivan Knossos defenses quickly and began fighting in the nebula. Third Fleet HQ, located in Capella, wasn't faced with that kind of assault until after the massive Sathanas fleet came.

Warning! Slight spoiler for Sync!
In Sync, that massive assault on Third Fleet HQ happened only a few hours after the Knossos was activated.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 08:22:18 pm by Dark Hunter »

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers

Lol... did you play the main FS2 campaign? 1 sathanas, buncha destroyers... seems... familiar...  ;7 ;7

Though I guess the timing may be off, which could be annoying... Cos if it's not the same thing, there may be a problem   

I guess this might be a problem too. 3 years after FS2, and a Sathanas appears... Nah :p. Alpha 1 and 8 helios, and 1 destroyer. Voila, done sathanas.

And yeah, point. Some things in Sync are a bit off in timing.

And how is it that that demon wipes the floor with the Messana, taking like 7% hull damage in the process?

You know, it never really is stated how long after the events of FS2 the end of Sync was. How long did FS2 last? At least several months? But three years, I don't think that's correct.

You forget: the Sync drive warped time ahead by three years after two super-jumps, one to the "empty systems", and one back. There was only one super-jump later: from Capella to the bizarre red nebula. They returned via Knossos portal. By my calculations, that would then have been a year and a half after FS2.

But, who ever said that time is warped the same way every time? A super-jump may warp time by 1.5 years when it is very long distance. But, the nebula was closer, as it was only a Knossos away from GTVA space. So maybe time wasn't warped so much.

Offline Nuclear1

To clarify:  Sync starts in 2364, and after the jumps to the empty systems and back, time has elapsed three years, leading up to the beginning of the SSI with the destruction of the Vigilant.  The Persistence engages its drive, and, instead of transporting itself across vast distances, simply sends itself some time into the future.  It traps Phi and Omega, but heavily damages them in the transit, however leaving the other ships untouched. 

The red nebula at the end = Capella post-supernova.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

To clarify:  Sync starts in 2364, and after the jumps to the empty systems and back, time has elapsed three years, leading up to the beginning of the SSI with the destruction of the Vigilant.  The Persistence engages its drive, and, instead of transporting itself across vast distances, simply sends itself some time into the future.  It traps Phi and Omega, but heavily damages them in the transit, however leaving the other ships untouched. 

The red nebula at the end = Capella post-supernova.

:wtf:

I'm not entirely sure whether you are presenting that as fact or theory. Either way, I'm about to knock some holes in it.  :D

Where did you come up with that "jumping through time" idea? The final jump that Sync initiated appeared no different from the other Sync-jumps; there was nothing there to suggest a temporal-jump.

As for the red nebula being Capella, that just isn't feasible.
#1. The sun in the nebula was red, along with the rest of the nebula, and furthermore was a full-sized sun, not a neutron star, as Capella would have been turned into (it wasn't nearly large enough to form a black hole).

#2. There was a Knossos portal in that nebula, leading right into a Terran-occupied system. Since when did Capella have a Knossos? And how did said Knossos survive the supernova? Shivans don't build Knossoses out of Ancient materials...

#3. Any post-supernova nebula would be ridiculously hot, and wouldn't cool down for several hundred million years. Unless you're seriously suggesting that Sync time-jumped them that far, which it didn't, as evidenced by the Terrans using FS2-era tech at the end of the campaign.