Author Topic: Freespace 2 FTP Server - HOTU 2 Full  (Read 175682 times)

Erm, I've tried searching around, and flipping through the pages. I was wondering if there was a torrent for these files?

The actual data files, that is. Not just the cd ISOs.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 06:55:36 am by 2737 »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No torrent.

.....Yet. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Gapie

Hmmmm guys,
I got a little problem. I downloaded Sparky.vp from the FTP server and it was corrupt. And I think I need a Root_fs2.vp updated, cos the link on Freespace oracle was broken. The FTP server is down now, and i really dont feel for downloading the whole 3 cds, so if anyone could tell me where to download these 2 files?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Opps. I didn't notice the broken link! Thanks for the heads up.

Go to my Downloads page and get the crack pack from there.

Sparky_fs2.vp on the FTP is fine you must have just gotten a bad download. Try again.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 02:24:05 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I can "connect: to the server fine using AceFTP, smartFTP, bulletproofftp

but when I try to refresh like the window where u see what files are on the server, it doesnt do anything and keeps saying operation timed out. Thanks for any help.

Offline Gapie

I basically got the same problem using Ws_FTP and Filezilla. I can connect to the server using Username Anonymous and Pass 1234, but Filezilla cant get a directory listing and Ws_FTP wouldnt show any files :blah:

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Wow... welcome to HLP, all. :) Sorry, I'm experiencing the same problem. The best advice I can give is to wait a few hours, perhaps a day, and then give it another shot.

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Gapie

Sure  :nod:

Offline Fractux

I've tried connecting using filezilla from an external net, and I was able to browse correctly.
Just log in as anonymous, and don't put in a password and see what happens.

One other thing to double check: Have you enabled passive FTP in the clients?

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline OttoD

I can connect in filezilla but this is what I get:

Command:   LIST
Error:   Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Error:   Could not retrieve directory listing

I know my uni tends to block a lot of stuff as far as hosting servers and people trying to connect in, but I've never been blocked connecting out....

Does anyone know how I might resolve this?

its cool I got the files off of emule yesterday. Anyway now I am trying to get the movies working. I am using FS Open version 3.6.5, and it says

Unrecognized command lime parameter -dshowvid, continue?

And I cannot see the intro in the game. And I have divx instaleld and can see movie in a normal media player. I have the intro.avi in my main  FS2 directory. I also have the latest mv_core.vp in the directory.
I am trying to view the intro in game from tech room. If its only like a tech room issue I guess I won't be able to see intro in the game but will see the other cutscenes pop up in game at appropriate places??

I am tempted to download an avi to -> mve converter and reverse convert them back to their original format so I wont even have to use FS Open. This would presumably result in lower quality video but whatever.

wait i bet its something dumb like I have to delete the dummy 1KB .MVE file if I put AVIs there or something

I used this program http://return0.pisem.net/avi2mve.html
to convert the intro.avi to intro.mve, and I still cant play the movie with or without FS Open. When I tried to play it in normal FS2, it said could nto find movie please insert CD#2. Just wondering, I am using the HotU version has a bse then have upgraded the files and whatnot. Perhaps I am missing a registry key for the directory of CD drive that I could set to C:\Games\FS2 instead of D:\ or whatnot to look for movie on ahrd drive.

Anyway if someone could help me get the AVI working in FS Open that would work too I guess

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, there was a bug in 3.6.5 that caused it  to not show movies. :nervous: Try one of the builds here.

Offline OttoD

Tried connecting through a proxy, still getting the same timeout on the list command. I will be at my home instead of my uni this friday or saturday, hopefully it's their fault and I'll be able to connect.

Offline Gapie

"Question"

Uhm.. If I try to play a single player mission with the Hotu --> 1.20 up pack it keeps saying please insert Freespace CD2 :S

Any solutions to this one? :|

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Is that with the HotU crack pack from my website or with the official patch from this FTP?

If it's the later follow the link below to the download section of my FAQ and try the crack pack.

Offline Gapie

Crack Pack :(

And i still cant get on the FTP server, Filezilla keeps giving the same error and Ws_FTP wont navigate. :(

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's very odd. The crack pack contains the 1.2 version of the no-cd crack. There's no way that it should be giving you that error once you've replaced the original exes with the ones in the rar.

I'll take a look at the download.

Offline Fractux

I'm looking into this, guys. The FTP is getting connections and people are downloading, but its finiky.

Anwyways, for now you can get the files via the ed2k links.

Cheers!
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?