Author Topic: Can we get the awesome Main Menu music for Blue Planet?  (Read 2336 times)

Can we get the awesome Main Menu music for Blue Planet?

Can anyone please post the awesome Main Menu music for all the new Campaigns (age of aquarius etc)?   Especially for the very 1st AOA campaign and War In Heaven campaigns! Awesome!

I'm tired of having to run FS2 just to listen to the music!

It's an awesome game btw!

Re: Can we get the awesome Main Menu music for Blue Planet?
The AoA menu music is emotif, by Illusive Mind. I've forgotten what the WiH one is called.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Darius

This is the current main menu for WiH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxeSKcJ9DE

However, it will likely be changed to something either royalty-free or a licensed track.

AoA's menu music is "Emotif" by Illusive Mind.
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/illusivemind

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
On that subject actually (if you'll forgive a brief O/T), is there a Paypal account or alike where people could donate money towards any licensing BP pays for? (Feel it's only fair I do given how I went all silly and ranty about it.)

Agree with Davidge though those are amazing tracks. I use Audacity to listen to them sometimes (AFAIK any player with that recognises OGG can play them if you have the means to open up the VP).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:16:39 am by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline rance

I think there's a program somewhere which would let you extract the audio files for Blue Planet, which you could then convert with audacity. I've done it before but I forget what the program I used was.

Just use a VP viewer, the music files are all stored as oggs in the music VPs.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
I've got some time off from work coming up soon, so gonna see if I can utilise it to work on some sound effects and maybe even make a track for FS2... so if licence free music is something that is wanted I could give it a try!
I do not feel... I think!

Offline Darius

Your sound work is pretty boss...I've assigned your beam sounds to the blue TEI beams, and they sound terrifying  :shaking:

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Wow... I didn't see that coming! Guess I'm gonna have to pull my finger out my bum to make some more single shot weapons... I've got a couple cooked up already, but I want to release a pack of about 10 or so... including that bloody beam weapon I've promise to do for Betrayal, but has gone on the back burner after I had to rebuild my main rig.
I do not feel... I think!

Is it possible to also get the REALLY cool Freespace 2 main menu music that has been REMIXED in AOA?

You mean the Aquitaine track? You can extract it from the .vp file with a VP viewer, it should be called Aquitaine.ogg

It was remixed by Dan Wentz himself btw (the original composer for the FS soundtracks), along with the FS1 tracks you can hear in FSPort and few others.