Author Topic: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters 2261 (yes!)  (Read 37543 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
RELEASE: Fortune Hunters 2261 (yes!)
When empires rise and fall, alliances are forged and broken, wars are won and lost, the universe gives birth to its greatest heroes and myths. Some become legendary for centuries, while other ones vanish in the sands of time, buried and forgotten. And during the chaos in which the Interstellar Alliance was born, many people fought and died for the cause, some from the most unlikely places...

Can't beat that level? ->   Find help here!
AND DONT BE ASHAMED, ESPECIALLY THE NEW CAMPAIGN IS F****NG HARD.

Download Mirror 1, as usual provided by Proxima-Fleet and Primus. Thank you as usual. I guess I crack that 1GB soon enough.  :)  
includes Hotfix.

Hotfix for Crash in Mission 6, see some posts below! Or you could redownload the patched version.

:lol: Yeah, it's finally done. Multiple delays, problems with FRED, with the game itself, table issues, lack of motivation, ... BUT EVERY OBSTACLE WAS CONQUERED BY MIGHTY VIDMASTER with HHHUUUGGGGEEEE amounts of help from FUBAR. It took its time, but I am proudly presenting...

FORTUNE HUNTERS - 2261

Well, actually the whole damn trilogy. Thanks to Zathras, a mod that makes TBP playable under 3.6.10, I was able to use new features and fix some of the issues that plagued the previous installments. In true Vidmaster-fashion, I also vastly improved balancing and scripting of those older episodes and, new this time, added some new features which were impossible before Zathras came along, while still keeping the original gameplay intact (my first work will always be my first work, no StarWars Special Edition  ;) )
One final word for the veterans, the new campaign is difficult. Challenging right from the start. It's highly recommended to replay the previous campaigns first, to get used to the style and pacing again.
Also, I really hope it didn't get corrupted or so, had some problems with my Internet lately. The campaign comes as a .rar file.

!!!Installation Instructions!!!
This is a campaign for TheBabylonProject. Therefore you need TheBabylonProject, not Freespace 2 or a mod for that game. TBP is available for download in the TBP forum here at HLP.
You also need three more things:
1.) Zathras. Available for download in the Zathras forum, which can be accessed in the TBP forum.
2.) the 3.6.10 final executeable. TBP comes with an older version, in case you just downloaded the game, you need to update. Zathras includes these files, you just need to set it up correctly and do not forget to enable Zathras in the Launcher menu.
3.) You are downloading two files, one named "Fortune Hunters" and one named "Vidmaster". The first needs to be placed in your TBP folder, replacing any previous release. "Vidmaster" on the other hand goes into your Zathras folder, replacing the file called "Vidmaster" there. Not replacing this file will likely lead to a blocker later in the campaign.

Now, for those who are confused and new to the Hunters series.

Features:
- action-packed trip through both canon and exotic places in the B5 universe
- immersing storyline and writing, retelling the events of the TV show from a different perspective.
- MASSIVE battles, destruction on a scale dwarfing even Freespace.
- huge mission variety and complex scenarios
- for everyone, detailed knowledge of the TV show isn't necessary for maximum enjoyment.

What's still missing:
- thousands of posts here, giving me feedback  :D. Seriously, some bugs or balancing issues always slip through and the only way they will ever be fixed is you posting them here.
- Voiceovers. LOOKING FOR ACTORS NOW!!! Apply in the VoiceActing forum or click on the link on page 4

Feedback and bugs go in here, discussions and strategies NOT to keep it spoiler and spoiler-tag free, use the special forum for that instead (link above).

I don't think anybody who liked the previous ones will be disappointed.
All that's left for me to say is...              ...have fun!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:18:22 pm by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Re: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters 2261 (yes!)
It seems that it's going to be another well writen challenge.
I'm downloading it now.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
YEEEEESSSS!

Offline Nissan

Sweetness! This is awesome news. Downloading now.

Unfortunately a sadistic professor has thrown enough work at me to ensure that I won't get to actually play it 'till this weekend... but I think I can wait a few more days.  :D
"Uh, yeah, I mean it's tough to say, woulda-coulda-shoulda, ifs and buts like candy and nuts, you know, you never know.  This, that, and the other thing.  Who knows?  You know, there are a lot of what-ifs.  You know, my whole life is a lot of what-ifs."
- San Antonio Spurs F Matt Bonner

No first post, but still.

AWESOMENESS :wakka:
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline starlord

Hubba Hubba... ;7

on the mission Into the Fire in FH:2261 i get this error

Error: sexp-add-background-bitmap: Background bitmap exp06.eff not found!
File: SEXP.CPP
Line: 10301

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Vidmaster

You are not using Zathras. Please follow the installation instructions.
If you downloaded Zathras, you probably didn't update your launcher settings or didn't select Zathras in the mod menu.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline wuu

Error: Couldn't load pilot file, bailing
File: PlayerMenu.cpp
Line: 886

Call stack:
Der Freigeist

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Do the data\players\single\inferno and data\players\multi\inferno folders exist?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline wuu

Do the data\players\single\inferno and data\players\multi\inferno folders exist?

No ! Its happend when I install Zathras, and when I make the folders myself, the same.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:14:10 pm by wuu »
Der Freigeist

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Open the Launcher, and select the debug build. It's called fs2_open_3_6_10d_INF.exe or similar.
Run it, cause the error to appear, then post the fs2_open.log from the data folder here.

Offline Vidmaster

First potenial campaign bug reported, if anybody gets a crash in M6 ("Confrontation") when the Harvester starts firing at the engines, please confirm.

EDIT: Alright, fix is being worked on.

@wuu:
Are you using Vista? If yes, did you install the game into "Program Files" or whatever the folder is called in your native language? If that's true too, the error is probably related to Vista blocking the program to create the file and folder (that happened to me too).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 04:31:36 pm by Vidmaster »

Offline wuu

@wuu:
Are you using Vista? If yes, did you install the game into "Program Files" or whatever the folder is called in your native language? If that's true too, the error is probably related to Vista blocking the program to create the file and folder (that happened to me too).

No XP! I installed it at  partition D.

This is the normal errorlog, I already uninstalled it so no debug.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Der Freigeist

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Then I'm sorry, but I can't help you. The errorlog is totally useless for debugging purposes; only the fs2_open.log helps there.

Offline Vidmaster

HOTFIX FOR CRASH IN M6 AVAILABLE!
Put the attached file into TBP/data/missions.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:38:25 pm by Vidmaster »

Offline gavilatius

• kicking butt... gradius style
i'll check this out...
any one beat the last boss yet?

Way to go Vidmaster. Its finaly nice to now how story continues and its going to end. Thanks for good trilogy.
Partolling outside Babylon 5 and looking for a beautiful space.

Offline BoOReD

the campaign isn't appearing for me   :confused: :confused: :shaking: :shaking: :shaking:
i installed zathras,replaced fortune hunters,launched with 3.6.10 and it won't work,tried with zatras mod,without zathras mod...still nothing  :eek: :eek2: :nervous: :shaking: :mad:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Can you select a debug build in the Launcher, run it with Zathras and fortune hunters enabled, and then post the fs2_open.log from the data folder here?