Author Topic: Downloading FS2  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Hello FS2 Community

Is there a place where I can download the three ISO disks for FS2? Freespacezone.com isn't working, HOTU doesn't work (and I don't want to download there), so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think Swantz has them available for download.

EDIT: Yup. http://www.nukelol.com/fs/

I'll have to remove it as soon as he asks, thought, but it is a public accessible site, so I don't think he will.

Offline Trac3R

I think Swantz has them available for download.

He has. I already downloaded Disc2 from his page. The link was in the sticky thread, so he seems not to mind. I first used the torrent just because I didn't want to overload someones bandwidth. But this doesn't change the fact, that CD2 in the torrent is corrupted somehow. :rolleyes:

I still search for the d***ed CUE file, because Swantz just provides the BIN part. Some people haven't heared from the ISO format, yet, don't they? I wonder if I can use the Freespace2_2 - prototype24.cue that I found elsewhere, if I just rename the BIN. There's no evidence that they fit together. I also wonder why these new images are so big. My old CD2 is about 675MB not 782,4MB. :wtf:

If I have all bits and pieces together and they work for me, I'm going to open a new torrent.

Next time if you are having problems with my site, contact me about it. HLP has no knowlege about its functionality, nor do they know much about it. My site should have worked for you. Ill double check the mirrors right now but last time i checked it was in good working order.

>Ok i just checked it and you are right, my webhost for freespacezone.net canceled my account because i forgot to pay them for 3 months and another persons mirror that allowed me to put on my site is not functional either. Sorry for the inconveniece. The downloads will be functional again within a few days.

Offline Trac3R

Next time if you are having problems with my site, contact me about it. HLP has no knowlege about its functionality, nor do they know much about it. My site should have worked for you. Ill double check the mirrors right now but last time i checked it was in good working order.

>Ok i just checked it and you are right, my webhost for freespacezone.net canceled my account because i forgot to pay them for 3 months and another persons mirror that allowed me to put on my site is not functional either. Sorry for the inconveniece. The downloads will be functional again within a few days.

I've no problem with your site, I got what I tried to download. Or do you mean the OP (his post is much older than 3 months :confused:)?
As long as you are not in charge for the torrent, I don't blame you for anything. Also I send a mail to your gmail-account (if you host freespacezone.com not .net), in which I told you that something is wrong with the torrents CD2. It doesn't matter if your download works or not, cause you're not the only seeder of the torrent. In addition to this I only wanted to give a hint to HLP that people maybe need to get their 2nd CD elsewhere. Because some people go crazy if something doesn't work when they try it the first time.
Sorry.

refresh your cache i changed the html a while ago lol

Offline Trac3R

refresh your cache i changed the html a while ago lol

Mmh, the site does still respond. And the downloads work. Has to be some kind of "ghost-site". :lol:
The mail I send, did you receive it or not?

havent checked yet, ill check it now

im not sure what happened to disc 2 before but i recompressed it and it should be fine, should it not be interupted durring the uploading process.

Offline Trac3R

[DW]-Hunter can you answer to the question, why this new image of Disc2 is about 100MB bigger than the original one? Would just be nice to know.

im not sure, i noticed that too about the bin, but it does burn to the right size.

but the cd is also game of the year edition so that also could be the cause.

Offline Trac3R

im not sure, i noticed that too about the bin, but it does burn to the right size.

You mean the 782,4MB fit on a 700MB CD-R? Weird. :confused:
Since you're not ready yet, a cue file that includes this lines:
---
FILE "disc2.bin" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
---
would work with a disc2.bin properly?
Or do it has to include also this
---
  REM SESSION 01        ; Not supported by other applications (*)

REM MSF: 00:00:00 = LBA: 0

REM (*) SESSION directives are unfortunately not properly supported
REM     'out there'.  IsoBuster however supports them !
---
stuff? IsoBuster is for Windows only, you know. I don't use this OS for years and I'm so glad that someone told me about fs_open...

well sadly retail only works on Windows. But you can still use the retail files with the use of the open build. Also, I dont know where you got the idea that the cd would not fit on the cd, the size of the bin is going to be larger then whats burned to the cd, if your burning program says its too big, I suggest getting a better burning program. I recommend NTI CDMaker myself, runs great and it rips games no problem. I always found nero to be a pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 05:06:28 am by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline Trac3R

I know. Well, fs_open was already running before I had a harddisk crash. It really stands out. After I set up my new system I recognized that not all data on my CDs were readable. Cause this mess I've bothered you anyway.

So does such a cue sheet work or not. AFAIK it seems not to give any difference between cue, as long as they are not for a audio cd with more than one track.

im not sure il check it out later, but the cue files are now included into the rar files, so for those who have posted about downloading from freespacezone, now is the time to fix that comment about the cue files.

Offline Trac3R

im not sure il check it out later, but the cue files are now included into the rar files, so for those who have posted about downloading from freespacezone, now is the time to fix that comment about the cue files.

You don't need to. It works.

Thanks a lot.

lol, it may work but still like 50 different threads say my sites files dont have cue files, and the main ones that are mainly read need to be corrected.