Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265106 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
i've already done every god damn thing you mentioned. it's so unfair! :sigh:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Shiku

Will the voices work with the old non-SCP version, or do you need to have SCP?
No one becomes depraved all at once.

I followed Snipes quite wide and far,
And he led us to an unknown star,
But as soon as I surveyed the scene,
A great Sathanas did fill my screen,
As it rushed forward for a jump,
The both of us seemed destined to bump,
Until I heard Snipes, not too quiet,
“Dive, Dive!! Hit your burners, pilot!!!!” -Trayus

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
nuclear1 said it. That's awesome. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Rott3

Just finsihed playing the first few missions and oh my god. A campaign that was already excellent just got massively better. A job well done, lads.
Bet ya can't stick it

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
my errors. the last one is pretty strange.

Warning: No dock leaders found in the docking group containing Ore Carrier 1.  The group will not appear in-mission!

File:c:\fs2_open\code\mission\missionparse.cpp
Line: 5457
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006e48a9()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006e9131()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006ea442()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 008aba8f()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006c881b()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006d5c3d()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 0088675d()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006d465c()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 00886d7c()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006d7cd5()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006d7f59()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 00b3ffb7()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Warning: No dock leaders found in the docking group containing Ore Carrier 2.  The group will not appear in-mission!

[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Warning: No dock leaders found in the docking group containing Ore Carrier 3.  The group will not appear in-mission!

Call stack:
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

Assert: (pobjp->flags & P_SF_DOCK_LEADER)
File: c:\fs2_open\code\mission\missionparse.cpp
Line: 2183

Call stack:
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006e5074()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006e66ab()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006e6b76()
    fs2_open_d-20060116.exe 006e913d()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Ahh, what a beauty to see this up and running at last :).

Yes, some general tweaking is needed to get all the voices at a comfortable volume.  In my case, I set "voice" at maximum and shut off music and effects.  Cranked up the volume on my speakers, started a mission, then brought in the music and effects to a comfortable level.

This makes such a huge difference.  I couldn't be happier to tackle this whole thing again. :)
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Damn it just as Im half way though the campaign you release a voice acting version!

DAMN YOU ALL!

Oh, and thanks  :lol:

Offline Nuclear1

I just went through the files manually and found just about the ****ing funniest blooper I've ever heard in my life. My conclusion now is that Matt should go and start his own band. :lol:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Didn't work at all for me. Locked up the PC and I had to reset. I'll try and figure out what was happening later.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
I'm using a very clean install of FS2 and have everything segmented into thier own folders so one campaign pack will not conflict with another.  With the exception of the MediaVP 3.6.7 and using the latest build, everything appears as a standard install.  Something must be hiding in your main data folders or effects folders or something.  Check those, and if all else fails, re-install FS2 and re-patch FS2 to a different directory, JUST TO TEST.  If it works in that install, then there's something hanging out where it shouldnt in your main install.  I'm just suggesting the things I do whenever I have problems like this.  With the exception of using the latest build because I honestly havent been keeping up on the latest CVS builds (that, and I've heard of some major bugs in them as of right now).  I'm also running it in OpenGL.  I've had massive problems with running anything in D3D as of late.  I guess you could blame ATI for that... but it looks like Cobra's problems arent related to what graphics settings he's using.  I'd suggest going through your data folders and make sure that if there's anything at all in there that doesnt need to be there, get rid of it.

Offline ionia23

I just went through the files manually and found just about the ****ing funniest blooper I've ever heard in my life. My conclusion now is that Matt should go and start his own band. :lol:

Which one??

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
Open DerelictSCP1.vp and look for a file named "dl06_lwf4 (blooper).ogg".
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
@Nix : Was that aimed at me?

Cause I was just reporting that I'd had problems in case anyone else gets the same or in case one of the coders had ideas on what could be wrong (anything that locks up the PC like that needs to be reported even if I had got the wrong files somewhere). :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hahaha, i just checked out the file named dl35_omg1(blooper). that was funny as hell, and a very nice James Kirk voice. :D

Offline ionia23

Can't wait to get to the ending credits and see who voiced the Meridian and Alpha2.

Offline Cyker

Woohoo!!!
I've been waiting sooo long for this to come out!!!

Now, I must confess, I preferred the original voice acting to the new ones (If you have ever heard the original voices you'll probably understand :D), but the fact that the WHOLE campaign has been scripted is just friggin' awesome! :yes:

There goes another week of my life to play through it...
;) :D :nod: :lol: :wakka:

Offline Nuclear1

Can't wait to get to the ending credits and see who voiced the Meridian and Alpha2.

You can just check the first post of the Roll Call thread as well.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
now, will someone help me? xD

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
@Nix : Was that aimed at me?

Cause I was just reporting that I'd had problems in case anyone else gets the same or in case one of the coders had ideas on what could be wrong (anything that locks up the PC like that needs to be reported even if I had got the wrong files somewhere). :)
Was aimed more at Cobra than anyone else.  :)

now, will someone help me? xD
Have you read anything I've posted beyond the first post??
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 07:05:21 pm by Nix »

This has credits? Awesome. My name in lights... uh... text!  :lol: