Author Topic: Twisted Infinities, forum and site.  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Twisted Infinities, forum and site.
After the end of F2S, and a very long break, were back with hosting under Tolwyns WC Saga project. The site is here

http://www.scifi3d.de/twistedinfinities

and the forum is here

http://wcsaga.solsector.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

This is a sort of semi temporary arrangement - If F2S comes back, we'll go back there - if it doesn't, we'll stick around with Tolwyn.

Oh yeah, and any former staff who got lost after F2S went down, you too are most welcome to rejoin the campaign - just sign up at the forum and start posting :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
I'm afraid it looks like the SectorGame project has now ended. After so many weeks of working on it, trying to get it restored - It just isn't working out. Originally you remember me telling you all these things about server outages, ISP problems - Well this was all true, except for one thing - The person, CEO of the host, who was telling me these things - And  they were bull****. In actual fact this guy is now wanted for International crimes on the Internet, and the company ended up as a scam - Ofcourse, as our host for Sectorgame, taking it down with it. I only became aware of this information yesturday, and I was shocked and very disappointed - Sectorgame could've been just another website, but it had my most successful works on it (F2S an example), evident enough in the amount of visitors it achieved. Right now I'm looking for a new host for SectorGame, I have full rights to the domain - Just need a place for it to go. Although I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it - I've already spent and lost money from this and can't afford much more than I've already paid. I'll keep you informed.
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
If I can acquire a refund I shall try someplace else I have in mind. So don't give up completely yet.
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
That sucks man.  Well, we'll keep the torches burning in preparation of the day you find a new host.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Damn, that sucks.... I don't know what to say.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Solatar

Get it hosted on Gamespy? That way it can be HLP's companion.

Anyway, the the f_cker's name who did this anyway? Excues my language, but Sectorgame was my favorite fs2 website.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
BURN THE HERETIC WHO KILLED F2S! BURN HIM, BURN HIM!!

That sucks. Will Gamespy will support two Freespace sites? I really don't know where else you can go, except maybe Telefragged.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

if gamespy won't support it, you could always get it hosted at HLP, you won't have your own domain, so it isn't that great but....

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
I'm afraid not, I will not abandon the other network sites on Sectorgame. F2S is just one site on that network - And GameSpy is somewhere I will not be hosted. I have someplace else in mind, and it's a fair deal. Freespace 2 Sector has always been a banner-free website, and it shall remain that way until it dies. For now, though, I'll have to wait. Btw Hades, Sectorgame is *my* domain, and it is still under contract (paid) - So I will find a host for it similar to what the previous one had provided. Gamespy maybe the place to host a Freespace website, but it's not the place to host a network, sorry.

Offline Solatar

Yeah, I forgot you have a domain. Why have www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/sectorgame/ when you could just have www.sectorgame.com.

Oh, and for you....different.....people out there, the links don't work.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Ok, I have found a new host - possibly. Nothing has been signed yet though. But if everything works out, we could be looking at domain and server functioning within 1 week.  Ofcourse, the rebuild process is going to take even longer. I never recovered the latest backup of SectorGame from the server, so I will use the one on my hard drives - However all people whom were hosted with us will have to restore their own webpages. Forum data on the other hand is *very* dated now  :(

I'll keep you informed when the dotted lines are signed.

Offline Solatar

And I thought all hope was lost. Will it really be about a week? Because last time you said that we waited three months. Just kidding:D

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Well yes if I can get the payment sorted soon enough. Maybe 2 weeks ;). Btw what I told you before was what I was being fed.

Offline Solatar

Yeah I know it wasn't your fault at all. I know it was that f_cking bastard who took down your site!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
:(  Son of a b1tch.

*fires 21 beam cannon salute* Here's to F2S, may she rest in peace.  :blah:

At least all the projects and stuff were saved. :)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Wanted for international crimes? What kind of guy was this anyway? :wtf:

It is good to hear that there is still some hope of the site coming back. As far as actual site content went, it was undoubtedly my favorite FS2 website.

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
Internet-Scam kind of international crimes

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
From what I heard one of his friends are also wanted for acts of breaching computer networks without authorisation and also committing internet fraud in 2 countries that want an extradition in place for him... assumming the sources I obtained this information from are correct and trust worthy :nod:

Offline Hunter

• Sectorgame
LOL. Im not sure about that one.   :rolleyes:

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
I don't believe it myself...:lol: but...