Author Topic: Just another day at HLP...  (Read 45511 times)

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Just another day at HLP...
So... When is there more story on the way?! :D
I have returned... Again...

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
soon says he

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
coool.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
Hey darkace, what happened to you making all them comic strips :p

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Yea, where are they?
Anyways, be patient. I had to go out on a mile-long walk, but it's coming along now;)..
« Last Edit: July 08, 2002, 04:57:29 pm by 368 »

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
*clicks the refresh button repeatedly* :p

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Originally posted by LtNarol
Hey darkace, what happened to you making all them comic strips :p

Yeah... I should start making more again. I've had writers block for a while. Also nowadays, I get a little scared when I make a new one with the thought "Will this be as funny as the last one? Will they all think I've lost my edge if it isn't? Have I jsut been lucky?" running through my head. :D And when things you make are in demand, yeah its a great feeling, but in the end it just becomes daunting when youo always try and keep it good and/or make it better. I think Unknown Target knows what I'm talking about. :D

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Lol! I do, I certainly, certainly do!

Anyways, here's the next one, sorry it took so long (is this part long enough for ya?:D):

INT. Forum Militia Ready Room. Day.

Fade from black. We pan up and rotate from the floor as we do so. From our viewpoint, we can see numerous members of the defense force getting ready for the upcoming battle. We see Thorn painting a large Fleet Command symbol from Homeworld on the front of his vest. CP5670 opens up his locker and pulls out a large gun that is bigger than he is, replete with swinging ammo belt. darkage is off in the corner, polishing a large sword. Maeglamor is busy discussing battle tactics with Thunder. Griffon is handing out the new weapons.

Griffon: Unidan!

Uni: Yea?

Griffon: I've got that new ion cannon for you...

Uni: Really? GimmeGimmeGimme.

We see Griffon behind himself and pull a huge gun out of a bright red sack.

Griffon: Here you go young man. Next!

The forum members continue to file forward to recieve their weapons. Suddenly, the door swings open, and everybody stops what they're doing to see who the new arrival is. It is...RKIF-DragonClaw.

RKIF: Thought you guys could use some help on this one, so I brought in some vets.

From behind him emerge Gortef, Zeronet, and venom2506 appear. Thunder walks up to them all, arms waving.

Thunder: DragonClaw, it's good to see you, but these guys...they can't go out! They're supposed to be in the hospital, being monitored!

We follow Gortef as he walks around the room, and stops. He reaches into a laundry basket and pulls out his vest. It has three bullet holes in it. He shakes the vest, and out fall the bullets. He turns to face Thunder, and we cut to a view also looking at Thunder and the other three men.

Gortef: You didn't really expect us to stay in there, did you Thunder?

venom: Yea, seriously! I mean, the nurses were cute, but they made us **** in these little pans!

Zeronet: (nods) Besides, sir, being monitored for what?

Thunder: For anything! You know the rules: Any soldier who has come within close proximity to any enemy must be monitored for signs of bacterial infection, and/or chemical agents, for at least 48 hours!

venom: Relaaaaax, Thunder. We made sure we didn't come down with anything before we left.

We follow him with the camera as he also walks over to his locker. He dials in the combination, and tries to open the door, which doesn't budge. He sighs and gives it a football-athlete kick. It blips and pops open. He turns to face Thunder.

venom: Besides, you didn't think we'd let you have all the fun, did you?

We cut to black.

INT.Third Twighlight Command Center. Day.

Fade from black. We begin zooming into a platform overlooking a huge construction effort. The platform resembeles a ship's bridge in design, if not in instrumentation. We see two figures are talking inside of it. We continute to zoom in, and eventually stop. One of the figures is PhReAk. He looks down at the blinking display in front of him. He suddenly stands up straight and turns to face the other figure, who we realize is HemroidFrogButt. We cut to an over-the-sholder view of HemroidFrogButt as they begin to speak.

PH: Sire!

HFB: (Still gazing at the construction effort out the window) Ys, what is it, PhReAk?

PH: Sire, we've picked up something on our motion scanners!

HFB: (Snaps his view to PhReAk) Wat? Are yu sur!?

PH: Yes, sire, intermenent contact. Exact coordinates are unknown, but whatever they are, they're in the southern sector.

HFB jogs towards him, and knocks him out of the way so that he can see the display clearly. HFB mutters under breath as he stares at the console. Suddenly, he stands up, and regains his posture.

HFB: (Smoothing his cloak) Ys...yes, I se. Set gard patrls on hiyest alert!

PH: (Salutes crisply) Yes, sire!

We cut to:

INT. Third Twighlight, Southern Sector, admin tunnels. Day.

We see a long line of marines walking through a barely lit tunnel. Beams of light are waving back and forth as the marines turn their heads to scope out their environment. We can only identify a few of them, as the outline of their weapons and their hushed voices give them away.

darkage: The admins actually use these tunnels?

RKIF DragonClaw: I don't think so, the cobwebs suggest that the radiometr--

darkage: Oh shut up, Mr. Science!

RKIF: Hey, at least I'm not the winer!

Suddenly Thorn turns his head around to look at them both.

Thorn: Both of you, shut up!

They walk a little farther, and suddenly we hear a loud thunk. Thorn stumbles back a little ways, into the outstretched arms of the two.

Thorn: (Rubs head) Well, I think I've found the end of the tunnel, so to speak.

He slowly reaches out for the handle. We cut to a close up, side-view of the handle and his hand reaching ever closer to the handle. We cut to a view of his foot, and see it slip on a particularly smooth part of the floor. We cut back to the previous view of his hand, and see it grab the doorknob for support, pulling it downwards and opening the door. We cut to an over-the-sholder view of him. Scrambling backwards, Thorn kicks out at the door to open it, and regains his foothold. Standing warily up again, he motions for the squad to follow him. We cut to an over-the-shoulder view of about the third man in line, and lock the camera. They slowly walk out of the doorway, moving rifles up and down, checking for contacts. We see numerous bodies of the soldiers move by our viewpoint. We cut to a worm's-eye view of Thorn, as he signals for the squad to halt. He looks around. Suddenly, a bullet pings off the floor near his foot. We snap the camera around as he looks for the shooter. They're hiding behind large construction machinery.

Thorn: Get down! Everybody, take cover! Split into your assigned groups!

We cut to a normal view, and see everyone scatter towards whatever shelter they can find. Bullets start pinging all around them. We cut to DragonClaw and darkage, sitting behind a bunch of barrels.

darkage: ****, what're we gonna do?

Dragon: (ducks as a bullet ricoches just inches from his head) How the hell am I supposed to know?!

darkage: Ok, then it's up to me to make the plan!

He hunkers down behind the crates, and slaps the side of his head, holding his hand there. While Dragon is intermentanly firing off rounds atthe enemy, darkage starts to radio a broadcast. Between weapon fire, we can hear what he's sayng.

darkage: Thorn!

Gunfire interupts him.

darkage: Th-Thorn! Hi! What the hell do we do?

Gunfire goes off again.

darkage: What? Ok...roger that! I'm relaying it now. (He starts typing something onto a wrist-mounted keypad)

Upon hearing this, DragonClaw gets down on his knees, and turns to face darkage

Dragon: Well? Whadda we do?

We cut to CP5670 and venom, who are going on full auto behind a stack of crates. CP5670's gun is so big, he has to rest it on one of the crates, while venom is trying out the new-model grenade ammo. Suddenly, he turns away and touches the communicator in his helmet.

venom: Alright, CP, I got it!

CP5670: Bork?

venom: The plan is for me and you to lay down surpressing fire, while darkage and Dragonclaw engage in close-range combat. Everyone else is supposed to try a flanking maneuver.

CP: Tink-toink, zonk!

Venom hoists his gun back up onto the crates. He pulls back the hammer with a satisfying click.

Venom: Alright boys!

He takes aim.

Venom: Let's give 'em hell!

He opens fire, and swivels his gun back and forth. We cut to a view still focusing on them, but farther away, right next to where darkage and DragonClaw are hiding. They start to sneak out, and we follow them with the camera. Bullets are ricocheting all over the place, and the continious roar of gunfire can be heard. Slowly, they slip behind a stack of crates, and we pan the camera around to a front view of the two. DragonClaw nods to darkage, and he returns the gesture. We cut to a camera view that's right on the side of the crate they're hiding behind. We see him peak behind the crate, and look around. Suddenly, a muzzle gets pointed right at his face.

Dragon: (Grins and moves eyes up the barrel of the gun.) Uhhhh...hi!

He ducks behind the crates as a hail of bullets start to slice into it. We cut back to a close-up of his sholder, slightly out, so that we can see dark behind him.

Dragon: ShiiiIT!

He hunkers down and covers his head as the wood chips start to fall down on top of the pair. darkage calmly pulls down his visors and looks up at the splinters falling onto his head. He looks down at his vest, and pulls out a small flap. Inside are multiple grenades, each painted a different color. He picks a pink one with happy faces on it.

Dragon: (Seeing this) DOUBLE ****!

He hunkers down even further as darkage tosses it over his sholder, and also gets down. They're met by a huge explosion. We mute all sounds, and hear the voice of Thorn eminate from their headsets.

Headset: Go, go, go!

We return the sound to normal, and see the two rush out behind their cover, Dragon blasting away at all sundry, and darkage swinging his sword around like mad. We follow them with the camera as an enemy soldier pops out of the grenade smoke, and tries to bash Dragon's head in with his gun. Dragon blocks the blow with his own weapon, and delivers a kick the the chin, sending the enemy soldier flying backwards. We cut to darkage as the same thing happens. He blocks the blow with his sword, then moves it so that he sends the gaurds gun flying. He jumps up in the air, with his leg coming down into the soldier's head from above and to the side, darkage rotating his body to give it extra force. We pause time and do a Matrix-like 180-degree rotation. When we stop, we return time to normal, and darkage slams into the enemy.

DragonClaw: (looks at darkage and grins) I wish I could do that.

Dark grins back, and they begin to start battering their way through the seemingly endless enemies. We cut to Thorn and Gortef, standing in front of two big, double-blast doors. Gortef is busy testing out the new ion cannon.

Gortef: Are you sure we should do this, sir?

Thorn: (ducks) Yea, all I'm doing is locking the door using this DUMB-AS-AN-ASS door!

He punches a little vidscreen where a little animated teddy bear is dancing around.

Thorn: OW! ****!

Gortef: Very nice, sir, but what's to (pauses to fire off another shot) stop them from unlocking it?

Thorn: I'm locking it using an admin code that Thunder gave me, should take awhile to crack, so it gives us some time to bring in some reinforcements.

Gortef: (Fires another shot) Roger that.

Thorn: There! I got it! All teams, report in!

We hear all the teams gradually report in that the area is secure. Thorn smiles.

Thorn: Roger that. Unidan?

Unidan: Yes, sir?

Thorn: Get some help in here, we'll hold the fort until they arrive.

Unidan: Rogero!

We cut to black.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2002, 05:42:51 pm by 368 »

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Sweet! Great stuff dude! :D :lol:

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
heh heh heh...pink grenade with smilie faces painted on it....;7:D:p:nod::doubt:

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
omg dude you made me fall off my chair a few times in that man... and I usually never laugh.. jeez... good job!

Offline Redfang

:lol: Now that was something good! :lol:

Keep up the good work. :yes:

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I notice that I've been removed.  Guess I'm *ahem* stocking shelves or some such. ;7
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
OMG dude that was amazing ! good combat telling i like it, you write very good. We need to archive this !
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Wooee the vet's are back! ;7 hehe...

very very good one UT, you managed to keep the action in control and the storytelling made the whole thing interesting :nod:
Habeeb it...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Whoo, boy! This is sort of a bump/update. This thread is really dropping low! Anyways, the next part will probably be done today afternoon, or the same tommorrow, depending on the temperament of my family;).

Anyways, where could we archive this? I mean, FreespaceSaga hasn't been updated since it first came online, and there's nowhere else!

Offline Redfang

I can't wait! ;)

Hmm, today afternoon, clock is 6PM here so I wonder when will be your afternoon. :)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
This is really getting interesting now; we want more! :D

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Oh, so it wasn't interesting before...? :p

Anyways, it seems that I might be able to type some more today, so I'm going to post this here set-up portion, but don't worry, the next part is going to come soon ;):

INT. Location Unkown, air shafts. Night.

Fade from black. We open to see three figures slowly crawling along a tunnel. Their flashlights wave back and forth as they crawl along. Suddenly, they start to speak, from their voices, we realise they are Corhellion, an0n and mikhael.

Cor: So...anybody know where we're going?

mikhael: Not a clue. I thought you knew?

Cor: Well....

an0n: (Turns head sharply to face him) What!? You mean you don't know!

Cor: I thought you did!

an0n: Never mind, let's just, uhhhh...keep following this tunnel.

Cor: No one knows!

Suddenly, we hear a creaking sound. The procession stops.

mik: Oh no, don't tell me...

We hear multiple loud snaps and cracks and the group sinks a little.

Cor: Yep.

mik: Shiiiiiiiiiit.

The thin alluminum snaps and the group falls straight through. We pan the camera up over the hole so that we're looking straight down into it. We can't make out anybody because of the dust, except some dark, blurred shapes. Slowly, as the dust clears, we see the three in various states of disrepair.

Cor: Status check, everyone.

mik: I'm fine here. Except that my leg feels kinda funny....

an0n: That's my leg! Arrrrh, get your ass outa my face!

mik: Oops! Sorry an0n!

Cor: Quite everyone, do you hear that?

an0n: Hear what?

mik: Yea, I hear it, too. Sounds like machinery.

Cor: I'm going to go and check it out. Stay put you guys.

mik: Roger.

an0n: Check.

We cut to an outside view of the door. Slowly, it creakes open. The barrel of a gun pokes through. Slowly, the rest of the soldier also moves through the opening. Something makes a loud noise offscreen, and he quickly points his gun at it. Relaxing and standing up straight again, he motions for the rest of the team to follow. They move through, and we pan the camera around. The other two stare up in amazement at the spectacle.

mik: Wooow...

an0n: Shiiit...

Numerous screens are flashing maps of each area of the board. Security camera views can also bee seen, and people moving back and forth in front of them.

mik: What is this place?

Cor: (off screen) It's the weapon room.

We snap over to him and follow him with the camera. He rests his gun down against the counter, and begins jogging back and forth,  adjusting knobs and levers. He talks to the other two while he's doing this.

Cor: (slightly out of breath) One of you...get on the horn with...Shrike. Tell him to get Windrunner. I think...he was...in charge of forum security. Tell him...that we need guidance...on how to fix this...****. Whoooo!

an0n: Roger that, I'll do it.

mik: So what do I do, sir?

A console sparks in front of Cor as he's doing some work on it.

Cor: Ow!

He pulls his hand away and starts to shake it. Turning to face mikhael he nods at the offender.

Cor: That should answer your question.

mik: I see...

He gets down on his back and crawls under the desk. Pulling out a small compartment, he gets to work.

an0n: (Off-screen) ****! Radio's fried! I'm gonna have to jury rig something for an antennae, so we can use our headsets.

We snap over to him. He looks around.

an0n: Anybody got any ideas?

When no one replies, he nods to himself, and begins to search around the room. We follow him with the camera.

an0n: Looks like we're going to be wrecking a couple things then. Anybody know any good jokes?

We cut to black.

INT. General Discussions. Day.

We open to see numerous people working on our own Construction effort. Guns can be seen rolling off the an assembly line, and Dark_4ce is drilling newbies off in a corner. We cut to a front and above view of the whole operation. Dark is pacing back and forth in front of them.

Dark: You maggots! You disgust me! I outgha just send the whole lot of you to the trash compactor right now!

One of the newbies starts to shift uncomftorably. He turns to whisper to another member. We cut to a side view of the two, and when Dark_4ce spies them, he heads right over. He gets in the newbies face and starts to yell at him, spitballs flying.

Dark: (Shouting incredibly) Oh! So you don't think what I'm saying applies to you, does it? Well, let me tell you one thing, you rotten little pu-

A hand taps him on the sholder. Dark turns around, and we pan around to an over-the-sholder view. It turns out that the hand belongs to vadar 1. Dark salutes crisply.

Dark: Yes sir?

vadar: Relax, I think you're taking this training a little too seriously.

Dark: Sorry, I guess I've been watching a little too much Full Metal Jacket, sir.

vadar: (Chuckles) Don't worry about it. Anyways, it seems that you're little posse here might get some combat experience after all.

Dark: Excuse me, sir?

vadar: (hands him an envelope) Red and Blue are going to reinforce our main battle group.

Dark: I thought that they were on gaurd duty in the forums...?

vadar: Not anymore, they're going to meet the enemy. It's you that's on gaurd duty now, captain.

Dark: (Salutes again) Yes, sir!

We fade to black.

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Eheheheheheheheh! :D :lol: Damn straight! :lol: