Author Topic: The Kulas: Reborn?  (Read 6080 times)

"Bump" Anything new on this?
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Nalp. But I'll be happy to fill you in when I do.  :D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Updates without pictures, according to 4chan, are not very good updates.

However, I have been working at getting detail drawings closer to reality - this time it's the forward fuselage. I've got the lateral proportions mostly intact, but as this is a vessel which travels in 3D space, I still have a ways to go.

That said, determined dimensions are as follows:

Length - 14.5 meters. This is the same figure as for the original Kulas.

Height (without wing height or stab height) - 2.6 meters (give or take - this is still a little fuzzy). This is an average of heights of the max and min fusalage heights, which ranged from just under 2.8 and 2.4 meters. It'll look good when it's done, rest assured!  :D

Width - TBD. It will likely be similar to that of the current width of the fighter, which is just a little more than the length.

That said, the plan as follows is to get accurate orthos of the forward fuselage for modeling. I tend to mesh drawings with what I can do with the actual model - this tends to yield good results. The guns and the still less-than-impressive engine vector assembly are products of this process.

You should have pictures in March.  :nervous:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline -Norbert-

Updates without pictures are still better than no updates I think. Thanks.

But what is "stab height"?

As for the size, just make sure it fits through a Titans hanger gate. :lol:

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
"Stab" is aero enginerd terminology for "stabalizer," whether it's horizontal or vertical. The Kulas of course has a vertical stabalizer on the bottom of the fuselage. This will be a simple part to make by default, but I still need a design for it!  :p

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke