Author Topic: BP Radar Icons  (Read 1525 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I'm getting big red boxes.  I have the appropriate VPs in the appropriate places (BP VP is in blueplanet2 folder, MVP VP is in the mediavps folder).

Anyone else?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Are these from the optional extras thread? I didn't even try them because I was under the impression they were for the earlier releases/before the update. I do get some radar icons by default though without putting those VPs in.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Are these from the optional extras thread? I didn't even try them because I was under the impression they were for the earlier releases/before the update. I do get some radar icons by default though without putting those VPs in.

Yeah they are.

I've gone back to just dots for now.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Yarn

Even if the BP2 radar icons show up properly, they are far too big for the 2D radar.

Once I finish playing through War in Heaven (I don't want to spoil anything for myself), I'll make a radar-icon pack that uses Galemp's icons as well as a few more icons of the same style. For now, here's one for Age of Aquarius. Unzip it to your blueplanet (not blueplanet2) folder.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89353583/FreeSpace/Blue%20Planet/bp1-radaricons.zip
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

This reminds me...I made a 2D radar icon table (using existing graphics) for the AoA&WiH vessels a while back that I don't think I ever uploaded.  Here it is, updated for WiH R2.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0dbp5u9yampx8k2

(place in blueplanet folder)

Please provide feedback on the selections I made for various ship classes.  Thank you.

Offline Kolgena

Even if the BP2 radar icons show up properly, they are far too big for the 2D radar.

Once I finish playing through War in Heaven (I don't want to spoil anything for myself), I'll make a radar-icon pack that uses Galemp's icons as well as a few more icons of the same style. For now, here's one for Age of Aquarius. Unzip it to your blueplanet (not blueplanet2) folder.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89353583/FreeSpace/Blue%20Planet/bp1-radaricons.zip

If you edit the bitmaps for the radar icons, you can use whatever size you want. The engine cares about the vertical resolution only when it figures out bitmap size on the radar, so what you have to do is buffer it with excess empty space to make the icons smaller. IIRC when I did that, I had to pick image dimensions that were powers of two, or else things didn't work properly.