Author Topic: Object transparency not working?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Object transparency not working?
Right, here's another problem I've been running into. The attached model has the cockpit glass as a subobject named "detail0-trans", but apparently, PCS2 nukes all the polies associated with it on import. Help appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Object transparency not working?
Not got a clue, cant spot anything importing to blender.

In PCS2 I have noticed that the glass texture is showing as applied to the whole thing with the other textures applied to nothing and that front/back axis is reversed
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

In PCS2 I have noticed that the glass texture is showing as applied to the whole thing with the other textures applied to nothing and that front/back axis is reversed
If I open it in PCS2 the texture seems alright, but the model is indeed flipped 180 degrees about the pitch axis. Blender imports it upside up, but yawed 90 degrees to the left. Weird, I've never seen that before. There's something very strange with that DAE.

Blender also found an object over the cockpit which is a child of detail0, but it's slightly too large to be the cockpit glass. It also didn't show up in PCS2 anywhere. Pic

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
PCS2 expects the node id (not the name) to be <subobject name>-trans. It shouldn't be too hard to change it to accommodate this though.