Archived Boards > Halo for FreeSpace

"Freespace 2: Halo" is Back!

<< < (2/28) > >>

Unknown Target:
Neato. I love the shield effects :) Good work, and good luck.

And wow, I seem to have started quite a fad with the BtRL physics. :p

shiv:
I like everything... without explosion effects.

Devrous:
Halcyon-class Cruisers are defunct...in 2552. In 2515ish they were new, so any missions happening before Halo 1... :yes:

I tried early on to change around the physics. Didn't really have any luck. But I did put pretty high slide values, and I did enable glide. It's nearly impossible to dodge Covenant plasma bolts or laser fire without slide. Most people don't mind getting owned, so long as they had a good chance and blew it.  :lol: 

Gliding is still kinda funny in FS2. I've been toying with some scripts that would auto shut-off glide if you hit your afterburners. As it is now, if you accelerate or hit the burners you just fly faster the direction you were when you enabled glide. You could just turn off glide, which isn't that big of a deal, but the auto shut-off would be a little smoother and user friendly.

Thanks for the comments!

EDIT: For Herra Tohtori...look into my weekly updates. You'll find most of the answers there  :)

karajorma:
Glide has been improved a lot in HEAD builds. That's not much use for you if you intend to release this year but for future releases you can use thruster and glide at the same time. :)

jr2:
Cool shots, nice work.  :) :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version