Author Topic: The New Earth Defense  (Read 108631 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: The New Earth Defense
Earth Defence sounds like the title of an X-Com game based on flying Interceptors during UFO Defense/Enemy Unknown.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Being as the language is english, that would make the English spelling the correct one, no?

Both are English spellings. :wtf:

Defense is typically American-English.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Which is English.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Which is English.

American-English is a dialect which is rife with mispronunciations and mis-spellings. "honor", for instance, should be "Honour". The dropped 'u' is just plain lazy.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

And you uptight Brits are too damn formal.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Which is English.

American-English is a dialect which is rife with mispronunciations and mis-spellings. "honor", for instance, should be "Honour". The dropped 'u' is just plain lazy.
"Lazy"?  Try "efficient."  You don't pronounce the damn letter anyway, so why throw it in there?  We're trying to make your language a bit more sensible. :p

For the oblivious, that was sarcasm.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
English fails to make sense no matter what flavo(u)r of it you choose :D

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Which is English.

"Lazy"?  Try "efficient."  You don't pronounce the damn letter anyway, so why throw it in there?  We're trying to make your language a bit more sensible. :p

For the oblivious, that was sarcasm.

Point conceded :P

Well, actually, the U is somewhat pronounced. It implies a different nuance of pronunciation than simply 'or'. /EnglishTeacher

Well, that's what any British English teacher will tell ya, and it's true. You just have to hear a brit and an american say the word.

But, I'll agree that DefenSe and DefenCe is pretty much interchangeable, but deFENCE makes more sense, as that's talking about a barrier.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Yes, but to "De-fence" would be to remove the fence, removing said barrer. ;7

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Good show folks, I am highly amused by this conversation   :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Yes, but to "De-fence" would be to remove the fence, removing said barrer. ;7

Haha, win ^^

Nah, it'd be similar to demarcate.

The de- is not a negative qualifier. Otherwise de-fense would be to de fense (Whatever a fense is). Defence means to establish a boundary/perimeter and to hold it. (In essence.)

Yes, I know you weren't being serious, but, I thought I'd point it out.

<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Sifle

Hello?... Is anybody out there?

Offline Tantalus53

• That one guy with the thing
    • Steam
Yeah, there's plenty of us here

Whatcha need mate?

Offline Sifle

Oh...nothing. I was noticing that all conversation on the Earth Defense forum came to an abrupt halt sometime in April.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Oh...nothing. I was noticing that all conversation on the Earth Defense forum came to an abrupt halt sometime in April.

Progress has been slow, and we've lost a lot of team members, but Mr. Tantalus53 is a champion and you only need one good FREDder to pull off a great mod.

It'll be done when it's done. In the meantime I suggest you check out Wings of Dawn, Vassago's Dirge and War in Heaven.

Offline Tantalus53

• That one guy with the thing
    • Steam
D'aw... that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, Genny B!

Well yeah. We normally would be moving like wildfire (and i use that term loosely) but as the soul FREDer on the team (though we might have another one eventually), my enrollment into College has slowed me down. Not to worry however, As time progresses and my scedual gets more regular, I'll be picking my pace back up, so no worries   :D

Offline Nighteyes

yep, most of the assets are done, we are mainly waiting for the final mission to be made, then beta testing to make them perfect :)
just recently we made the change to use Fury AI, so the mod will be even more awesome  :yes:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Mystery Pic #4

MASSIVE DICK MOVE. Sorry. Please don't kill me. I know I am a worthless human being. To see the full-size image, visit the earth defance websait @ doubleyoudoubleyoudoubleyoudotgame-warden.com/earthdefence/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:33:16 pm by Snail »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
That sure is one ugly ketchup cloud. :<
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I am inclined to agree.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================