Archived Boards > The Unification War

UW Act II Demo Release

<< < (6/24) > >>

Androgeos Exeunt:
How funny. I was doing some FS2_Open iPhone wallpapers a few days back and thinking about TVWP's interface.

I'll clear some space for this new version of TVWP later, once my sister's done calling me via Skype.

T-Man:

--- Quote from: el_magnifico on June 14, 2010, 10:45:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: Cobra on June 14, 2010, 09:47:05 pm ---Oh, and the insides of the Kestrel are EMPTYYYYYYYYY

--- End quote ---

Yes they are! :lol: My mind just yelled at that, and I have spent at least an hour looking at the Kestrel from all angles. At some angles, the ship was completely transparent from one side, and solid from the other. And the problem didn't show up on the opposite side. It was weird, and a bit funny.

--- End quote ---

I get this on the Kestrel too. I think i know what that is, and its not a problem with your graphics card, its a little model bug that can happen. Some graphics engines (such as UDK where i encountered it a lot) when working with textured surfaces can only texture one side of their skin (maya calls it the 'face normal'); the other side of the surface thus has no texturing and is not rendered, and if seen in game can be seen through on that side. If you have the face normal facing into the model, then you wont see the texture as its rendering on the inside of the model's skin and not the outside.

If this is the cause, my guess would be that the invisible faces on the model (which would be the small ones within that gap between the main chassis and the wings) have their normals facing inward and not outward, and the game engine can only render one side of the skin. Its just a matter of reversing each buggy face's face normal in the modeller (in Maya IIRC its an option in the 'normals' menu under the 'polygons' tab, but i'm not sure about other modellers).

Dragon:
I just noticed that it's been about a week since the release, but nobody got around to highlighting it.
I think TVWP Act II release fully deserves a highlight.

Spoon:
Didn't even noticed there was something new released until I saw the highlight just now  :doubt:

Androgeos Exeunt:
* Androgeos Exeunt checks the highlight.

--- Quote from: Highlight ---The TVWP team has released a new demo of Chapter 1, including 9 new missions that are from Act II!
--- End quote ---

Oh hey, cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version