Archived Boards > Halo for FreeSpace

POLL: Face to Face

(1/2) > >>

Devrous:
Currently using default, though I've created a few static symbols. I'm currently leaning towards Animated - Symbols, personally. I think it would prove very ambitious to animate things taken from game footage, so it is beyond my current scope of work. I know a few talented people that would like to draw some things but I'm not sure they'd be ready to draw the amount I would want in game if I went that route.

Another thought I had, and I like the idea very much, would be for someone in the SCP to enable head ANI's to instead display the Tech Room animation of the ship sending the message. Perhaps this is beyond the engine's capabilities, but I've seen some wonders come out of the source code group  :yes:

As always I welcome anyone's thoughts and comments.

SpardaSon21:
I'd go for symbols, either animated or static.  Having animated heads would be great, but I'm not sure how long that would delay release.

SypheDMar:
Preferably symbols. Doesn't matter too much as long as you have a unified art set.

Scotty:
Static: emblem. (or perhaps profile)

Why?  Because we get a good view of an open com channel in Halo: Reach, and it's always either a head profile (Winter Contingency, which was an entire relay station), or a static emblem on the console mount later in the campaign.

General Battuta:
Yeah, but that was one of the worst parts of Reach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version