Author Topic: Avenger not available  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Beanboy

Just loving playing the Freespace series again!  You guys have done an amazing job!

I have a problem in FSPort.  I'm using the latest versions of FSPort and the mediavps and have installed acording to the FAQ but still I'm not offerred the Avenger as a weapon option in "The Darkness and the Light" mission - which makes it pretty difficult to complete!

I did find a previous post about this issue but no resolution.  I'm confident that I installed the mods and files correctly, but perhaps could have switched campaigns incorrectly? 

--->  How am I meant to switch campaigns and how do I fix this issue with the missing avengers?? 

Previous post - http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39910.0.html

Thanks all

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
As I said in the other thread, it's very likely a problem with incorrectly installed mods.  Kudos for searching first though.

Can you post screenshots of your FreeSpace2, FreeSpace2/data, FreeSpace2/data/tables, FreeSpace2/mediavps, and FreeSpace2/fsport folders?

Offline Beanboy

Thanks Goober...

the first four are attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Beanboy

and here's the last one...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, everything looks okay.  But I heard from karajorma that this problem can sometimes happen if you try running the wrong mod by mistake.  Try creating a new pilot and restarting the campaign.

I'm having the same problem. I was wondering why I was having such a tough time disabling the (Ramses?).
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You dont even need to disable the Ramses.

I do regardless :)

It's turrets become bothersome.
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Why? Blow the ****er up.

Offline Beanboy

Well, I've been away for a while, but I started again this evening with a new pilot.

Well, things go from bad to worse, this pilot has no weapons at all available in training!

If I skip all three training missions then the game crashes with an error message about (unsurpisingly) missing weapons!

Can anyone help??