Author Topic: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light: Origins  (Read 13013 times)

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
RELEASE - Shrouding the Light: Origins
Blaise, good work, i love it so far.....

blitz, im so proud of you, seems youve grown up since the crash, or maybe the n00bs have gotten dumber
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
OK, this is more of an FSO problem, but I'd like to see how many people encountered this.  During the redux of STL, BR used new features to completely remove the HUD for cutscene missions.  However, I noticed that when beginning the mission just after the terran rebels cutscene, the hud was missing.  I aborted the mission and restarted, and the same thing occured.  I was beginning to think that BR had accidentally added in the HUD removal command, but when I aborted the mission and quit Freespace, then restarted the game and tried it again, the HUD was back.  It would seem that the HUD removal command is being passed over onto the next mission.  Now, I didn't notice it after the first cutscene mission, but I was experiencing some other difficulties with my system at the time and aborted right after the reading the briefing, so I don't if it would've occured then or not.  I was using the updated build of the FSO 365 release build.  I haven't tried this with any previous build.  So, basically this campaign should work with any build since Goober's 11-06 build?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline wolfdog

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
OK, this is more of an FSO problem, but I'd like to see how many people encountered this.  During the redux of STL, BR used new features to completely remove the HUD for cutscene missions.  However, I noticed that when beginning the mission just after the terran rebels cutscene, the hud was missing.  I aborted the mission and restarted, and the same thing occured.  I was beginning to think that BR had accidentally added in the HUD removal command, but when I aborted the mission and quit Freespace, then restarted the game and tried it again, the HUD was back.  It would seem that the HUD removal command is being passed over onto the next mission.  Now, I didn't notice it after the first cutscene mission, but I was experiencing some other difficulties with my system at the time and aborted right after the reading the briefing, so I don't if it would've occured then or not.  I was using the updated build of the FSO 365 release build.  I haven't tried this with any previous build.  So, basically this campaign should work with any build since Goober's 11-06 build?

same here, happens after every cutscene....

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
D'oh.

I had thought that the hide-hud sexp would not be carried over to the next mission... evidently, I thought wrong.

But not a problem! Fixed.

By the by, did anyone have a problem with training messages being displayed twice? Like, one darker training-message-plaque superimposed on a lighter one that's slightly higher up?

I don't think it's a big problem, per se, but still...

Offline wolfdog

Ah, thanks :) *downloads*

and yes, I have that problem....

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Re: RELEASE - Shrouding the Light: Origins
Originally posted by Blaise Russel

Lightspeeds Set 3 and Set 6 nebulae (green and blue)

Lightspeed's new Weapon Effects

since i couldn't find them on millways, can i assume that the nebs/effects are in the latest mediavp's?
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline wolfdog

No, they are not...   since I have the latest MediaVP's....  but all missions have a really ugly giant white spot  as background:p

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by wolfdog
No, they are not...   since I have the latest MediaVP's....  but all missions have a really ugly giant white spot  as background:p

in that case, give us a link to the nebs :p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline wolfdog

Oh dear.

Well, I've taken the liberty of mirroring the necessary nebula background zips on my webspace, so: Set 3 and Set 6.

he already did:p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
D'oh.

I had thought that the hide-hud sexp would not be carried over to the next mission... evidently, I thought wrong.
Gah!  This is a bug.  Sorry.  I'll try to have it fixed today.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Don't worry about it - it's awesome that it's in there in the first place.

The sexp, I mean, not the bug.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Crap dude, I still haven't played the first one.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
By the by, did anyone have a problem with training messages being displayed twice? Like, one darker training-message-plaque superimposed on a lighter one that's slightly higher up?

I don't think it's a big problem, per se, but still...

I noticed that during the first cutscene, but I was having other difficultes with my PC, so I didn't get all concerned... about this particular problem that is.  My PC difficulties were realy getting on my nerves.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, that's another HUD problem that might be related to the disappearing problem.  Taylor's looking into it.

Offline Fergus

It may just be that I forgot to install something but in the very first mission I get this error message when loading up.

Error: Unrecognized operator.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( true )
   ( training-msg "Zahur_01" )
   ( play-sound-from-file "Brief1.wav" )
   ( hud-disable-except-messages 1 )
)
(Error appears to be: hud-disable-except-messages)
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4386

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
You need a newer version of FSO - one that includes Goober's new SEXPs, to be precise.

Perfect excuse to get 3.6.5!

Offline Fergus

(After several colourful expressions, worthy of Ozzy Osbourne)
I have checked and checked, all the files are present and correct, got latest version of Open, the cut-scene works (oh, already very good) but for some reason some models are missing as in the first mission 'proper' all I see is Ullysses.  Sorry to turn you all into glorified IT assistance, but I really am no good at any of this.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Do you have any table files in the data folder?

Or any other mod's VP files? Stuff other than the FSO stuff, the STL files and the FSPort VP?

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I noticed that the ships.tbl included here flags the Leviathan model as "cruiser01b.pof". It should be "cruiser01x.pof" to work with the Media VPs. The Leviathan was invisible until I made this change.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
The FSPort VP contains a cruiser01b.pof, so it shouldn't matter either way.