Author Topic: RELEASE: Cardinal Spear  (Read 87096 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: RELEASE: Cardinal Spear
When I use Turey's installer to update FS2, all that it downloads of CS is the mod.ini

This is what Turey has done to us! Look, we can do nothing ourselves without him!

We thought that the Installer was our tool, but look now, he has turned the tables and now we are the tool of the Installer!

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
This is what Turey has done to us! Look, we can do nothing ourselves without him!

We thought that the Installer was our tool, but look now, he has turned the tables and now we are the tool of the Installer!

Actually, the problem is Goob's fault. Don't know if he's fixed it yet...
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Not yet.  Waiting for an FTP access issue to be fixed.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
coughsplutter... Baack in myyyy dayy, we actually had to install those mods mannuaallyyy... spitcoughcoughcoughtakepillscoughcoughspit

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The installer problem should now be fixed, thanks to Tolwyn. :)

alright, another newbie question: Which comes first (or which should i play first)? cardinal spear, or cardinal spear: vega? i thought this was one campaign

P.S. I never heard of cardinal spear, so pardon me if i don't understand some of the things they are talking about in the breifings..
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Cardinal Spear full stop is first.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

i don't see a campaign named cardinal spear full stop..

not trying to be a smartass, as i'm not good at all with internet reading (even though english is my first language...)

so i guess by full stop you just mean cardinal spear...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Yep, just plain Cardinal Spear is first.  Cardinal Spear Vega follows.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Just updating the cast list a bit:

I recorded all the command briefing bits (aka the Darth Vader command briefer), you can actually recognize my voice by listening my clumsy pronounciations. :)
I probably should have written it so that the CB voiceover was from Admiral Ikeyev as your VO sounded pretty much like what I wanted him to sound like.

Yeah, I was a bit confused there, although it was nice to hear a voice actor who wasn't English or American/Canadian. Great campaign though, if a little short. Fun, and nicely balanced, though the one where you had to disarm and disable a Typhon was very difficult.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Boss86etim

• I run a newspaper! weeee!!
    • www.badgerherald.com
Now I've got a slightly different problem I can't wrap my head around.
The Gorgon bomber always comes up as a ulysses for me, no matter what I do.
Tried messing around with my tables folder and i removed all other .VPs (which did help with the accuracy of the tech room) but i still cant get a gorgon to appear, created a new pilot and all the conventional jazz.

So you can imagine how hard that first mission was with just ulysses fighers, i tried ordering everyone to cover the cruiser, and we went down like a confederate civil war line basically.

Anyways, does anyone have any tips for fixing this? Thanks!
I can kill anything with a bank of trebs and a herc II. And if I can't kill it, it will kill me.

"comes up as a Ulysses" as in like the ship selection? because you can't choose your ships or weapons at all in the campaign, if memory serves. Can you be more specific? Otherwise it sounds like a campaign problem from what little experience i have.

:welcome:
And welcome to the HLPBB, Boss86etim.  :D
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Boss86etim

• www.badgerherald.com
Thanks for the welcome! ive literally been around since the beginning. but never posted because im lame.

But i meant in the missions themselves, they are just ulysses fighters
I can kill anything with a bank of trebs and a herc II. And if I can't kill it, it will kill me.

so what your saying is you fly the mission as a Ulysses? it sounds like a table problem, i guess. Don't quote me on that. Someone smart get their arse in here and correct me.  :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Boss86etim

• www.badgerherald.com
well, i dont think ive gotten far enough to actually have to fly as a gorgon, but i assume i could not. The wingmates who should be doing bomber runs are actually ulysses fighers. which is pretty comically frustrating, but fun in its own wierd way as i try to come up with ridiculous strategies to somehow win

cheating? :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Try posting your FS2 dir contents (see my sig, post it here, though, not the other thread).

Loving the campaign, but freespace isn't recognizing the secondary weapons at all, making the first mission impossible.  Its not very fun to watch a bunch of bombers with no ordinance try to take down a Typhon.  I've got everything set up in its own directory, and the FSport is in a folder called fsport, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.
GTI Rebellion FREDer

Dissident Theory

Permissum sacramentum non exsisto infractus , per fides exsisto led.

well if they have that huge plasma cannon thing that is practically a bomb in it's own right as a primary weapon, then who needs bombs as a secondary weapon?

But you got a point, since if the primary weapon is an exclusive capital ship only weapon, then that leaves the bomber helpless to defend itself.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

I've had a somewhat weird problem with the second mission of the first campaign.  I'm flying a bomber blockading a node, and sometimes (but not everytime) I launch a light torpedo, the thing detonates right out the tubes and disables me.  Most annoying.  Is it supposed to do that?  This isn't a new pilot file, and I will be creating a new one.  Just wondered if anyone else had seen this behavior.  I thought I saw something similar happening to the bombers in the first mission over Earth.  I kept seeing sporadic explosions over in the bomber squadron, but there were no enemy ships in range to be doing the damage.  I finally got close enough to see that some of the torpedoes they were firing were blowing up shortly after deployment.  Weird.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan