Author Topic: Centauri Blockade Mine  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Edwin

Centauri Blockade Mine
IPAndrewsd has been so kinda s to give me a blockade Mine to skin.  I have got the basic color on it but still need to do things like hull-panelling.  I desperately need more referacne photos though, the only one i can find is on B-5 tech ad it's a crappy shot.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
You see the blockade mine like twice. In the picture above actually as well as a later sequence with the Whitestar.

Offline redmenace

Dude that looks looks so evil. I can't wait to use it.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Its quite small "sentry gun", much more lethal than FS2 ones but not "evil" per-se. :)

Offline Edwin

Originally posted by Mr. Fury
http://www.3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/babylon/MOD/REFERENCE/centauri blockade mine.rar

Great Frollicking Llamas!
The page you requested was not found!

Offline redmenace

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Edwin

huh, when i tried that i still got a frolicking llamas error.... but now it works????:confused:

thanks

Offline -Norbert-

Since the mine is just a piece of technology, it isn't evil at all. The one who operates/programmed it is the evil one :p

Offline Slasher

Poor Edwin, those frollicking  llamas just can't get enough of you. ;)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Ugh.

Offline Edwin

Originally posted by Slasher
Poor Edwin, those frollicking  llamas just can't get enough of you. ;)

meh, they need a break from you.

:p

still working ont he mine, gotta re-do half the UV mapping so the plates all line up.....

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Interesting one to uvmap. I would have started with a cylindrical mapping around the main body (not including any of the sticky outy bits).
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by IPAndrews
Interesting one to uvmap. I would have started with a cylindrical mapping around the main body (not including any of the sticky outy bits).

I'd of went for planar (vertical), myself, stretching out the edges to countereffect the angle changes, of course,

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Ooh nasty. You're a sucker for punishment :D
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Yeah, will I didn't say 'one' planar map ;)...... frankly, nothing can be as hard as the pain-in-the-tits model I've been mapping for the last month, on & off.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
*Still can't figure out how to make max produce a reasonable UV map that can be easily figured out*

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Wow, that model is quite faithful, if those are the only shots you ever get of it. Nice one. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Thanks Setekh. Nice of someone to notice :D