Author Topic: Avionik Weapons finally  (Read 5353 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Avionik Weapons finally
I just watched "Into the Fire" and finally got 2 pictures of the Avioniks weapons.

They are white bolt weapons.

It is in the screne directly after Lyta saying "They'r pissed". You see a Xill destroying Vorlon fighters and while the explosions are still on the screen the Avionik fires 2 times.

I have made 2 screenies but have no webspace to upload them.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Put them in here. It's free and easy.

http://img17.imageshack.us/
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
BTW, it's called Avioki. Avionics is a term used for systems that basically control an aircraft.

Offline -Norbert-

Ok, here we go:

They are a bit low in quality, but it should be sufficient to see the weapons.

i have some better visible shots ;)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 02:01:17 am by 2826 »

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
So the Avioki does not have beams...
It is some sort of bolt rather then a beam...
Plasma or Pulse, it is white :wtf:
"Another fellow pilot"

well, white with a little purple aura around the center

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Avioki is seen to fire beams in Call to Arms.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Do with have pictures of the beams? Nothing to stop us creating both weapons.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline -Norbert-

If I remember correctly that was a hardly visible Sunhawk in front of the Avioki, which made it look like the Brakiri firing an orange beam.
At least, that was the case with a screenshot shown back in Firstones times.  But I don't know if it was from ACTA.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Anyways. The Avioki has fired white pulses and orangish beams since 3.0 and I have no plans to chance that.

I_E_Maverick, would you please use [ lvlshot ] tags instead of [ img ] when you link to large pictures. Thanks.

Offline -Norbert-

They already use white pulse?
I only knew of the beams. Next time I see an Avioki ingame, I really should take a closer look :)

And it would make sense for them to have beams in ACTA. The fight against other leage races, the shadows and the vorlons surely showed, that the standard weapons of the Avioki (built primarily as a trading vessel) where insufficient for large scale war. So they upgraded them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 04:57:40 am by 1400 »

Offline Ranger1

It does have beams.  They are clearly seen in ACTA.  You can see it just before the pilot with the fuzzy dice in the cockpit says target lock.  There are actually to Avioki's firing beams in that shot and are an orange color and appear to come from the upper gun mount on the wing.  The beams do not come from the Drazi cruiser in that shot.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
You know this weapon setup is starting to sound very like the weapon setup we already have.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.