Author Topic: Question about secondary banks?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline wesp5

Question about secondary banks?
So here I was fast debugging two of my favorite mini campaigns under TBP 3.7. First I went over Darkmaster's Vorlon campaign "Guardian of Light" and except for some minor issues that I could fix everything was fine and I already sent it to OverDhill. Then I played Vidmaster's Shadows campaign "Dark Children" and found even less issues, except for one minor detail that is bugging me! You fly a Shadows Spitfire in this campaign and of course it has no secondary banks like the Vorlon fighter you fly in the other. But while the later has secondary banks "none" which sounds correct, the Spitfire has "Nothing" with an ammo of 1, which can even be fired! I would really like the later to have "none" too, especially as secondary fire is used to slow down time in that campaign and it's really confusing to get "Nothing" fired away with the empty sound while you do. Below are the object lines which are the same for both fighters, any ideas? You might also have to look into the missions themselves which are called DC* for the time slowing. Maybe "Nothing" is needed for that?

+Secondary Banks: ( "" )
+Sbank Ammo: ( 0 )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:59:46 am by wesp5 »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Question about secondary banks?
The "Nothing"-secondary and "<none>"-primary were introduced to easily solve bugs with ships like Maintance Bot (tl;dr giving ships without any weapons the ai-chase or ai-guard orders would cause old builds to crash - as happened with >3.3 versions of Raider Wars).

They are also player-allowed to better facilitate un-equipping craft and to allow mechanics to be mapped for the "Fire Primary" and "Fire Secondary"-keys - because if you have no alibi weapon in that slot the respective keys can never turn the key-pressed SEXP to TRUE. This is what is happening here.

Look for the events labled "shadow reflexes spacebar" and "shadow reflexes reset" in each mission. The first mission should also tutorialise the ability IIRC.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline wesp5

Re: Question about secondary banks?
They are also player-allowed to better facilitate un-equipping craft and to allow mechanics to be mapped for the "Fire Primary" and "Fire Secondary"-keys - because if you have no alibi weapon in that slot the respective keys can never turn the key-pressed SEXP to TRUE. This is what is happening here.

So it is as I guessed that there must be a secondary weapon to make the time slow down possible in the first place? Then it must stay like it is. Thanks for the clarification!