Author Topic: Earth Alliance Civil War Campaign?  (Read 2817 times)

Offline emark4

Earth Alliance Civil War Campaign?
Was there ever an earth alliance civil war campaign? I just beat the raider wars campaign and it gave me the impression there was one (or supposed to be one?)

Not refering to the campaign that you play as Clark's goons.

Re: Earth Alliance Civil War Campaign?
I'm  not aware of one.  There's the SFP mission Severed Dreams but it's a stand alone.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Raider Wars ends with teaser for a Earth-Alliance Civil War campaign that is discussed here.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline starlord

I believe skullar lost the contents in a hard drive crash. Would be awesome if this was resurrected somehow. Is he still around here?

EDIT: nevermind, everything’s in the thread.

Offline emark4

Raider Wars ends with teaser for a Earth-Alliance Civil War campaign that is discussed here.

I believe skullar lost the contents in a hard drive crash. Would be awesome if this was resurrected somehow. Is he still around here?

EDIT: nevermind, everything’s in the thread.

Man, sucks that it all went down because tech problems.

Offline starlord

I agree. And I still hope that this will happen somehow.

Offline Skullar

Yes, that harddrive crash killed LOTS of months of work....
35  missions had already been completed in FRED with PAINSTAKING detail in scripting and arrangement.
That was in 2005 if I remember correctly.

I was pretty good at fredding missions in the end, and completing a TBP mission with ingame cutscene setup and playtesting was always something between 4-20 hours, except for the VERY tricky ones like "severed dreams". That one was hard to set up, but I nailed it in the end :) Too bad no one except me ever saw it.

However, I dunno if the missions would still work with actual versions of the game.
what was lost were actually the fs2 mission files themselves, the mission scripts with the dialogues, the JPGs with the mission outlines, the overall story arc and so on.... that still remains and is intact
until the point it was done ( mission 42 ) with the last 5 missions ( 43-47 ) basically outlined. This stuff was on another harddrive. So the campaign itself didnt really die, just my own arrangement.

The campaign was actually story dense, but not in need of too many ship models, so it would have been something that would have put some flesh on the raw TBP skeleton.

If Freespace including TBP goes VIRTUAL REALITY some day... I will eventually redo the entire campaign.

If someone is interested, I seem to have (final or almost final) versions of missions 1 to 13 left ( the .fs2 files ), that could be tested with current version. These were as copies ( unfortunately NOT together with misison 14-42 ) that I seem to have kept on the same harddrive as the campaign scripts. Mission 13 was SEVERED DREAMS, but after these years I dont know if the fs2 file I found was a final or early WIP version.

What I would definitely need is something like a Babylon 5 version of VTOL VR game :)

I think someone helped my install the stuff again 2-3 years ago, but since my flightstick is broken I couldnt really play it and had to quit again.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
If Freespace including TBP goes VIRTUAL REALITY some day...

White Elefant. Peroid.

If someone is interested, I seem to have (final or almost final) versions of missions 1 to 13 left ( the .fs2 files ), that could be tested with current version.

I've been tinkering with the AI recently ... Throwing those settings at these missions would be interesting.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline starlord

It would be awesome to see the campaign completed one day skullar. I think the intro of it is still somewhere on YouTube. I had a habit of frequently watching it back in the day.