Author Topic: HLP Staff and others...  (Read 12171 times)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
HLP Staff and others...
Hi...
I'm new to this forum, though I've been looking through it for... well... since HLP was first established... just haven't signed up :)

HLP seems to be really getting up both in staff skill and also it's a really formal site... but why not go one step further

The HLP logo is awesome... I don't know who designed it, but it rocks big time!  Why not have a HLP T-Shirt?
For example, you could have a black T-Shirt, and on the front it could have the 'red circle' logo with 'HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS' (as in the picture at the very top of this page...) on the back, for example, it could have just a big red HLP logo (or vice versa)...

I mean... forexample, Setekh could get a list of who wants a T-Shirt, and we could have different sizes, such as Small, Medium, Large, X-large...

T-Shirts custom made aren't that expensive nowadasys, and you could get each person to pay for it (of course)...
taking it one step further, they could perhaps have just a regular T-Shirt, and then staff of HLP could have a 'Staff' imprinted beneath the 'HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS'... (which will be in front of the logo)

or you could have the HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS (with the logo behind) on the back, and on the front, right by your heart, could be a small HLP logo and and the 'HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS' and beneath that their name (or forum name, or 'staff' or whatever)

I think it would be an awesome idea, and you would have no loss, since each person would pay for theirs! (and shipping, etc.)

I mean, it struck me that the logo and 'HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS' in front of it (whoever rendered that is awesome) looks really cool, and on a black T-Shirt, would look even more cool.

For our webteam at school last year (which maintained the school district's websites, and oversaw the school body (we could add/remove rules from the code of conduct etc.)) we had T-Shirts, and we only paid like $15.00 for each one... add $5.00 for shipping, and taht's $20.00

Think about it... think about your design for a T-Shirt, and think about how cool it would look!

Staff?  Setekh?  R128Thunder?  Shrike?  what are your opinions?
I just gave my opinion... see how you like it

(if you already don't have T-Shirts) lol :)

Later
~Stealth~

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Hello and welcome to HLP Stealth, you've probably seen the bit about shotguns already so we'll skip it. :wink:

Well... t-shirts...
To tell the truth we've never even thought of this (as far as I know, Shrike is far too spontaneous for anyones safety ;) )
I have to admit though, tshirt printing kits are dirt cheap nowadays as are plain tshirts (in the UK anyway) so making your own might be as cost effective as buying one to order. It might not be as cool as something whipped up by Setekh though.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Interesting idea...and I like it! Someone should set it up...
I'd buy an HLP t-shirt :nod:
The only problem is that it wouldn't make a profit at all probably (well, it might) and there's only a certain amount of us regulars who would buy it. Let's say that's 100-200 t-shirts. Nobody else would want one unless they are part of the FS/Iwar/Freelancer (except it hasn't come out yet, right?) community and know HLP even though maybe they aren't members.

I'd like a t-shirt though! :)

Oh, and :D ;) :devilidea WELCOME TO HLP! :devilidea ;) :D
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
But I'd still like the comments of all the staff, including Shrike, Thunder and Setekh...

And I don't mean everyone make their own T-Shirt... Setekh could make an AWESOME design... (on a black T-Shirt) and it's very easy and cheap to get certain businesses to print the T-shirts! (it gets cheaper per shirt the more you get!) and I mean there's what... like over 500 people on this forum, and let's say 100 people buy one... no... wait... let's say 50 people buy one...

there's no profit for anyone, but it WOULD be cool to walk around with a HLP shirt on...

there's so many different designs and such for the shirts...
(take a look at my first post)

and a lot of communities have shirts... why shouldn't HLP get them?  it wouldn't cost them... they'd at least break even, if not get a profit!  If Shrike (and others) have the skills to set up these forums, why can't they set up a small 'online store'!? :)
a person could order a size and design (there could be for example, like 5 designs) and they could give a credit card number or send a check or money order to (whoever) and get the shirt!

Don't just shrug the idea away... think about it a bit... think of yourself in a black HLP T-Shirt with the bright red HLP logo on it and some added 'effects' (thanks to Setekh)...
that would be so awesome

just an idea... thought you guys might like it... it's up to you

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
I thought we had a image for Welcome.... o well

I want a Tshirt thou, and who needs a profit... Just get one of those places that you can put your logo on a tshirt, and whenever someone buys it, you get a small amount of cash. Do it for the HLP comunity..
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
But if there WAS a profit, who'd it go to?  there's no 'central HLP office' or a 'HLP committee' or anything, and what equipment could be bought with a profit, since HLP doesn't have its own server (does it!?)

It DEFINATELY would promote HLP though!!!

People would think:  "HLP Productions? sounds cool!"
you could buy a domain name with the profits perhaps, just like 'www.planettribes.com' is hosted by 3dactionplanet.com too, they have a forward... (by the way, i 0wn at Tribes :) lol j/k) so you with the profits, perhaps 'www.HLP.com' or 'www.hardlightproductions.com' etc. could be bought and advertised on the back of the T-Shirt!

It would advertise it a LOT! :)
not every day you see a black T-shirt with a nice red logo on it and lots of 'setekh effects' :)

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
I say do it...somebody out there like admins should get this together. It'd be cool! I'm with you, Stealth! :)

And vadar: the Welcome to HLP! smily went the same way as the old :jaw :
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
:jaw:
hehehe lol

i'll wait till everyone comments about it, especially shrike, setekh, kar, thunder, and whatever other "keymen" we have here

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by Stealth
But if there WAS a profit, who'd it go to?  there's no 'central HLP office' or a 'HLP committee' or anything, and what equipment could be bought with a profit, since HLP doesn't have its own server (does it!?)

It DEFINATELY would promote HLP though!!!

People would think:  "HLP Productions? sounds cool!"
you could buy a domain name with the profits perhaps, just like 'www.planettribes.com' is hosted by 3dactionplanet.com too, they have a forward... (by the way, i 0wn at Tribes :) lol j/k) so you with the profits, perhaps 'www.HLP.com' or 'www.hardlightproductions.com' etc. could be bought and advertised on the back of the T-Shirt!

It would advertise it a LOT! :)
not every day you see a black T-shirt with a nice red logo on it and lots of 'setekh effects' :)
Heh, it would go to paying off the vB.  ;)

By the way, we looked into getting a domain name for HL, but gamespy wasn't too fond of the idea.  So no domain name for us, unless we get our own server.

Although overall I like the idea.... I'll look into it when I get back home at the end of the month.  There's an outfit in town that we get T-Shirts from for our department, I'll check 'em out.

Hmmm.. I wonder what else we can sell...... patches?  HLP logo with' Hard Light Productions' or just 'HLP' over it?  Go well on a backpack or cap.

Ha, this reminds me of the story of the guy who made some rock T-Shirts for a fake band and sold them.  :D

But just so you guys know, if I was to do this, I'd need to get everyone's check/money order/blah cleared before I order the shirts.  There's no way that I want 50 shirts sitting around my house!

I could even get the HL assimilation message put on it.  :D
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
heehee, you can also sell patches like the avatars, i'll be the first to buy a 158th patch ;)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
How about the logo on the front and the various hosted projects on the back? :D
PS: The welcome gif can be found here:

:nod:
EDIT: Oops... it's not a gift, it's a gif. :p
EDIT 2: 512 posts! A lucky number! :D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2002, 11:23:02 pm by 374 »
-C

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: HLP Staff and others...

Staff?  Setekh?  R128Thunder?  Shrike?  what are your opinions?
I just gave my opinion... see how you like it

(if you already don't have T-Shirts) lol :)

Later
~Stealth~

Hey there, Stealth. Firstly, let me welcome you to HLP! It's good to have you here. Lol, nice to know you've been watching us, and are happy with the results. ;)

The T-shirts are an interesting idea. I might see what I can find out about that... I'll let you all know what I find. :)

PS. It was me who designed the HLP logo... long, long ago... it still holds a decent amount of water as a logo, I think. :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
bah, there's no way I could get one :( I'm too far away :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I've not got time to read and reply to all of this right now - I'll just point out that my alias has and always will be Thunder - R128Thunder is just the VBB username (since way back then I was working at Ross128).

Like I said, I'll reply properly later :nod:

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Ok - it took me longer than expected but here's the reply :nod:

Firstly, welcome - enjoy your stay - shotguns under seats etc.. etc..

Secondly - I love the idea of merchandise... but would it be bought? I don't think making a profit is the idea, although if we did it would almost certainly go to Shrike for the first part who made the investment on the vB program.

I think theres a lot of things that could be done...mouse mats, t-shirts, beer-mats, socks, pens, stickers, badges, patches (the little things people sew on bags, blankets or other parts of their clothing for the hell of it... theres probably more but hey!

Anyway, if anybody does know a friend of a friend whos done this before or has any information on it it'd be cool to hear it!

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Well I think it would be an awesome idea!

And then everyone could take a picture of themselves in a HLP T-Shirt, send it to Thunder (sorry about the 'r128thunder' thunder... i didn't know ;) lol) or Setekh, and he could do a render or something of us all together in a group or something!

I tell you what... if it's ok with you 'head' guys, i'll inquire about prices, merchandise, etc. and also shiping prices... where do all of you guys live?  pretty much USA, Australia, and England (and the rest of Europe), right?  anyone in Africa, Asia, or South America?

i'll do a little research...

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a featureā„¢
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
For example, Venom and me we live in France :)
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Well I think it would be an awesome idea!

And then everyone could take a picture of themselves in a HLP T-Shirt, send it to Thunder (sorry about the 'r128thunder' thunder... i didn't know ;) lol) or Setekh, and he could do a render or something of us all together in a group or something!

I tell you what... if it's ok with you 'head' guys, i'll inquire about prices, merchandise, etc. and also shiping prices... where do all of you guys live?  pretty much USA, Australia, and England (and the rest of Europe), right?  anyone in Africa, Asia, or South America?

i'll do a little research...

England is in Britian not Europe :)
Got Ether?

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It's close enough... oh - we should contract Artimus in to do something...

That was really cool - if only we could get an updated version!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
We have this kind of thing over at the SSC actually; many clan members own t-shirts. I would probably not buy once since I never wear them (my clothing style is always the same, regardless of the weather or season: sweatshirt, inner turtle-neck, sweatpants :D) but I will see if I can try to find the website where they got those made.

England is in Britian not Europe :)

yes but Britain is in Europe. :p