Author Topic: GTVA Bombers  (Read 3917 times)

Offline CT27

Will any of the planned superbombers from R1 be in Nostos?  In another thread, Woo said the Armageddon bomb wasn't going to be in Nostos; so a huge bomber wouldn't be needed for that.  I remember originally two heavy bombers were the Jotun and Wraith.  Another bomber used in R1 IIRC was the Sabus (it kind of looked like a Boanerges on steroids).

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
The only R1 superbomber will be the Jotun. Even if we won't be preserving the whole INFR1 arsenal, we'll still have big bombs for our superbombers to throw at things. :D
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...and the Titanis. The biggest bomber of the Earth Alliance.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

The only R1 superbomber will be the Jotun. Even if we won't be preserving the whole INFR1 arsenal, we'll still have big bombs for our superbombers to throw at things. :D

If the Jotun will be the 'superbomber' in Nostos, what will be the 'lower' bomber (Artemis perhaps)?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Complete list: Artemis DH [Artemis Adv. in Inferno], GTB Rhea, GTB Surt [aka GTB Hera from Earth Defence], Euryale [our new cool little girl!], of course old good Boa and Jotun.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline CT27

After looking at the FS Wiki, the GTB Surt and (ED's) GTB Hera seem to be different ships.

Will Nostos' version be the one with the railgun?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
GTB Surt was used for large part of development process, but later it was replaced with Hera. Original name remained probably due to mission compatibility.

She has standard bomber weapons and no dedicated railgun weaponry.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INFA has a different bomber named Hera, so it was changed back to Surt because of that.

Offline CT27

In any case, I'm looking forward to using Executioner bombs.  If they're bigger than Helioses they'll make a big boom I bet.

This Heavy Bomber I created can be made available if wanted? Just the model is done, has NOT been UV mapped.

https://p3d.in/c2Acd

This model has an internal bomb bay for housing two very large missiles in addition to the ones you see already loaded in the front. This has a dual in tandem cockpit with two pilots already built in. The turrets can be made to work as well.

All the best.
Jadehawk
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.