Author Topic: Warships of the TEI (GTD Titan WIP)  (Read 116945 times)

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Re: Warships of the TEI (Updated 18-09-12)
Those I suppose projections sticking out of the back of the ship seem to be really big, it kinda messes up the front profile of the ship if you ask me.  It seemed like one of the selling points of these shock jump ships was a low forward profile and an overall longer design to compensate for the lack of internal area, to make it harder for its prey to score a hit.

Perhaps shorten the projections a bit?  They just look weird to me at their current size.

Offline crizza

I guess...after redownloading the Diomedes, I'm the only one who has only the Diomedes with drones in Fred? -.-

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Notice I've added a small utility hangar to the top, right behind the bridge.  This isn't meant to have any gameplay purpose whatsoever.  It is not a fighterbay, but rather where I'd expect shuttles and such to dock.  I'm not sure about it, so I thought I'd ask you guys what you think.
I think you should scale it for this and make it functional within the pof, but I may be slightly biased there. ;) NB: Those of us on mobiles and netbooks can't access p3d - can someone post some pictures?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I guess...after redownloading the Diomedes, I'm the only one who has only the Diomedes with drones in Fred? -.-

IIRC the newest downloads replace the old Diomedes entirely, including the name, and relegate the old Diomedes to Diomedes#Old.

Offline crizza

IIRC the newest downloads replace the old Diomedes entirely, including the name, and relegate the old Diomedes to Diomedes#Old.
Sry, but the only Diomedes I have in Fred is Diomedes#Drones...that's odd...

Offline bfobar

I love the little bay in the back. In fact, if it isn't too much trouble, I would suggest bringing it up a bit so that it isn't recessed into the main hull. Besides being able to see it better, I think if you wanted to script anything flying into or out of it, it would be less likely to get snagged. It reminds me of the little single helicopter bay on the back of some navy destroyers. You could even do a little spaceship helipad on the texture there with landing lights, were you so inclined.

Directly forward of the top turret, maybe add some sort of heat spreader looking thing that makes that BBlue look like it has more bulk to it than the two MBlues? The old Bellerphon model always bothered me with that. It was so symmetrical with the beams, but that center beam was so much more powerful. I noticed that you already beefed up its beam emitter.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:46:18 pm by bfobar »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Wat.

1) The only thing that has a HBlue is the Raynor, and currently is beam dish is exactly similar to all the other beam dishes.

2) The Chimera's beams are all MBlues. The centre beam is exactly the same as the two others.

I think you've been mixing up all the names.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Notice I've added a small utility hangar to the top, right behind the bridge.  This isn't meant to have any gameplay purpose whatsoever.  It is not a fighterbay, but rather where I'd expect shuttles and such to dock.  I'm not sure about it, so I thought I'd ask you guys what you think.
I think you should scale it for this and make it functional within the pof, but I may be slightly biased there. ;) NB: Those of us on mobiles and netbooks can't access p3d - can someone post some pictures?

All of my yes (Because we're using that Shuttle in BP)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Aesaar

Is there a Perseus modelled into the hangar?  :wtf:
Yes, only for scale purposes.

Sry, but the only Diomedes I have in Fred is Diomedes#Drones...that's odd...
That is odd.  Do you get errors if you open up TBI, Darkest Hour, or Aristeia?

I think you should scale it for this and make it functional within the pof, but I may be slightly biased there. ;)
Absolutely.  I've already replaced the Hermes with your shuttle in What Binds Us and Ceremony.  I'll also take a few pictures when I get back to my other computer, since this one doesn't have Kerkythea on it.

Perhaps shorten the projections a bit?  They just look weird to me at their current size.
I could try it.  I'll put what I've got now and a shorter-winged version and put it up for a vote.

bfobar: I'll see what I can do.

Col. Hornet: Armor plates could definitely work up front.

Offline crizza

Heres the log:

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline Aesaar

Yeah, for some reason, it can't find the standard Diomedes in your tables.  I do not know why this is.

Try redownloading.  The version before the one I released this Monday had a lot of issues.  I don't know if the table was the issue, but I made another anyway.

Offline crizza

I downloaded the whole thing just yesterday....
I have a ship table in the table folder, but don't lnow why I added this...

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline bfobar

The old table made my freespace grab its head and scream. I built a new one using your new table entries on the drone version and pasted them into the nodrone one, and canned the old one. Works great now. (I am testing this as a stand alone without the blue planet mod and with altered guns, so it might just be me.)

Offline bfobar

Wat.

1) The only thing that has a HBlue is the Raynor, and currently is beam dish is exactly similar to all the other beam dishes.

2) The Chimera's beams are all MBlues. The centre beam is exactly the same as the two others.

I think you've been mixing up all the names.

You are correct sir! That will teach me to post while working. I went back and edited BBlue and Bellerphon into the original post.

Offline Aesaar

I downloaded the whole thing just yesterday....
I have a ship table in the table folder, but don't lnow why I added this...

The Diomedes isn't in there.  That's the problem.  The standard Diomedes in Diomedes-shp.tbm is a +nocreate entry, so it requires the original bp2-shp.tbm entry, which isn't in yours.  Delete your bp2-shp.tbm, and it should work fine.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:33:28 pm by Aesaar »

Offline crizza

As of now I try to figure out, why I have this table in the first place^^

Offline Aesaar

Probably because Dio 1.0 required you to delete the original entry from bp2-shp.tbm because the way I went about it was stupid.

So yes, it's still my fault.

Offline crizza

Dude...don't know, the table is gone, the Diomedes is happily killing stuff again, so everythings fine^^
But I wonder...is there a mission where a Diomodes would be better suited in the vanilla FS2 campaign?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:53:47 pm by crizza »

The Diomedes does everything a Deimos does, but better.  I'm not sure there isn't a mission in vanilla FS2 that wouldn't be easier if a Diomedes were on your side instead of a Deimos.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Diomedes has poor forward firepower. That's about the only thing Deimos does better, as Diomedes has a big blind zone in front of it's prow.