Author Topic: Warships of the TEI (GTD Titan WIP)  (Read 117904 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Warships of the TEI (Updated 09-10-12)
Well I think it's been made clear that the issue is not 'the Valerie's waypoints can't be improved' (they obviously can, and it would have clear benefits for 'immersion' and all that ****), but that the labor involved would be pretty sanity-stretching given that it's a mission we've already spent more time on than nearly any other.

I can't stand working on Darkest Hour any more.

Also I'd like to point out that the Diomedes 'sweetspot' is pretty narrow, and that when we designed DH with the original Dio model, two beams on target was considered pretty much the optimal. By this standard the Valerie doesn't do half bad.

Well I think it's been made clear that the issue is not 'the Valerie's waypoints can't be improved' (they obviously can, and it would have clear benefits for 'immersion' and all that ****), but that the labor involved would be pretty sanity-stretching given that it's a mission we've already spent more time on than nearly any other.

I can't stand working on Darkest Hour any more.

Also I'd like to point out that the Diomedes 'sweetspot' is pretty narrow, and that when we designed DH with the original Dio model, two beams on target was considered pretty much the optimal. By this standard the Valerie doesn't do half bad.

I understand. As I added into my previous post (sorry if I was confusing), this reason is very valid for not going with the 'rework the waypoints' route, leaving me with the possibility of having the Indus's opening salvo or two disable the Valarie's engines from the Indus' (possibly coincidental) flank-attack from subspace. Chaotic schedule for the moment aside, I'll give it a shot and see if it has sufficient merit. 
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline Aesaar

I might try this just to practice fredding.

So the Bel is finished :D What's going next  Aesaar ...? Please tell me it will be the Raynor. Knowing your skills and style I can almost imagine right now how awesome it would be. :D You are (in my opinion)  the only modeller who should re-make this destroyer.

I was astonished when I saw what You did with Chimera and Bel, two the most ugly ships in my opinion. Now I like them :) Thank You once again for your great work

If you were hanging out on BP's IRC channel you would know Aesaar is already working on the Raynor.  It simply looks awesome.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Aesaar

Yes, the Raynor is being worked on.  But it will be a surprise.  It'll be released with the last part of WiH, and you wont see it until then.

The Draco, on the other hand, is currently being textured by Esarai.  Depending on how fast he works, release should happen this month or early Feb.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:19:29 pm by Aesaar »

Okay, thanks for the info. I hope that it will be similar to this what we have seen so far (I'm sharpening my teeth for her, because tilemapping doesn't give me such possibilities to create something uniqe) It would be cool for the texture pattern to remain like on Diomedes or Chimera. And it's also easy to modify to make the ship look not BP'ish.

Offline Molaris

is there any chance that what you did to these ships will happen to the Raynor and Titan?
"Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is: "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined!" -Crow T. Robot-

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
is there any chance that what you did to these ships will happen to the Raynor and Titan?

He's working on the Raynor right now

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Yes, the Raynor is being worked on.  But it will be a surprise.  It'll be released with the last part of WiH, and you wont see it until then.

You bastard. :D

Edit: Will we at least get to see the neo-Hyperions? And what about the GTD Titans?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:52:40 pm by An4ximandros »

Offline Drogoth

The Draco, on the other hand, is currently being textured by Esarai.  Depending on how fast he works, release should happen this month or early Feb.

So what you're saying is I should wait till the end of WiH to order my Raynor 3D print from Vasudan Admiral. Good to know.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Aesaar

An4ximandros: Hyperion, yes.  Titan, maybe. :p

Drogoth: Yes, that's probably a good idea.

And if you guys had been on #bp, you'd have gotten Raynor previews!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:35:01 pm by Aesaar »

Offline Drogoth

I'm so looking forward to the new Raynor. Allthough your diomedes is still my all up favorite FS Ship ever. Very sleek. Shark like.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I'm so looking forward to the new Raynor. Allthough your diomedes is still my all up favorite FS Ship ever. Very sleek. Shark like.

His Raynor is epic... really epic...  :nod:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline An4ximandros

Holding us back from both destroyers would be a... titanic cruelty.

Offline Valiran

So the Bel is finished :D What's going next  Aesaar ...? Please tell me it will be the Raynor. Knowing your skills and style I can almost imagine right now how awesome it would be. :D You are (in my opinion)  the only modeller who should re-make this destroyer.

I was astonished when I saw what You did with Chimera and Bel, two the most ugly ships in my opinion. Now I like them :) Thank You once again for your great work

Wait, he finished the Bellerophon?  When and where was this announced?

If you were hanging out on BP's IRC channel you would know Aesaar is already working on the Raynor.  It simply looks awesome.
  Does this channel have a history section I can look at, or are those images gone forever?  I've never used an IRC channel until today. :ick:

there's a p3d link he posts periodically, your best bet is to lurk until he does so
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Wait, he finished the Bellerophon?  When and where was this announced?

The updated Bellerophon has been included in the WiH builds since Tenebra came out.

Offline Valiran

there's a p3d link he posts periodically, your best bet is to lurk until he does so

I'm in luck, he posted it! :D

Now all I need is to find out whether or not sharing the link here would be a good idea. :doubt:

Offline An4ximandros

JU DO TIS! HWY! Don't post it, I want it to be a surprise thing. But it better blow my **** brains out in awe Aesaar!